media portal and xbmc (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

sporktastic said:
Until MPlayer can do the dvr-ms files it is probably not going to happen. But if you use media portal instead of XP MCE then you will have supported file formats. For the dvr-ms files the easiest way would be to write a service that uses direct capture to open, decode, resave the dvr-ms as another format like mpeg2 or DivX.
I am using media portal and xbmc, now I use other software to convert to file that xbmc can read. That is really not convenient. Would you please give more detail on how to convert the file directly during recording by media portal? What is the average cpu usage for that? Thanks

Btw, the dvr-ms support has been added to the mplayer for serveral monthes, however, the new xbmc(03/08/05) still cann't play dvr-ms

S

sporktastic

How are you getting files in the dvr-ms format from media portal? If you have a software card you might it selected as the codec for your software card to use for encoding the file, if so you can just change that to another codec.

S

sporktastic

So that is producing the mpeg2 files not dvr-ms. I have a software card right now, it gives me the option to select the codec to which I save my files, but the quality sucks. When I replace it with the Hauppage 500MCE I believe all I will get will be mpeg2, which is one of the reasons I want to make the plugin. Since I am going to give the user the ability to set the schedule I could also add the option to just monitor all the time for completed files and start the conversion. It would still take time to convert, and I would have to update the recorded tv database to then point to the new file. I am just starting the plugin now, so I am not sure when I will be done. Until then I think you are stuck with the mpeg2 files and manually converting them to save space.

S

sporktastic

I was just looking through the source and it appears that there is already a transcoding library as part of core that will convert dvr-ms to mpeg on the fly, not sure how it is implemented or how to use the feature, but it looks like it is there already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
Replies
Views
If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web browser. You can sniff http comunication with the help of Wireshark or Fiddler to determine channel url which can be used to create IPTV channel in TV server. If the url is not static(changes dynamically)...
If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web...
So, I appear to have done a successful install of Media Portal (MP2 vers. 2.5) on my Windows 10 machine but I can't get it to get...
Replies
Views
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
Replies
Views
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and remember to add support for this sort order.
Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and...
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to help me out. Is there a way to either use the sort feature and/or a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom