MediaPortal 1.0.1 Release (1 Viewer)

calcon79

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Trenton, IL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I really like using ffdshow. Does the SAF pack have ffdshow? I don't want to sacrifice the post-processing capabilities of ffdshow. I have it working perfectly with 1.0.0 so I would rather go back to that version. Media Player classic still plays the files just fine using ffdshow. It is really unfortunate that there are codec conflicts on my pc with this newer version of MediaPortal because having the newer features is nice. By the way, I have mine set up to use Direct Show Merits. I have tried both ways and got the same results.

Thanks for the help though. I still think MediaPortal is a great program despite my issues with this newer version.

ddv2005

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
Home Country
I have problem with updating Media Portal 1.0.0 I have both TVServer and Media Portal installed on same PC. And MP 1.0.1 installer update only TVServer and no way to update Media Portal. How i can do it?

Best regards,
Dmitry

calcon79

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Trenton, IL
Home Country
EVR works but VMR9 Renderless does not

I have confirmed that I can playback video without changing my codec setup when enabling EVR mode instead of VMR9 Renderless. Not sure what would be causing this. I am reverting back to 1.0.0 which works quite well in VMR9 renderless on my machine.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
When I try to install 1.0.1 (upgrade or clean install) the installer throws up an error.

'Download of settings file failed.
Please review your Internet Explorer configuration and try once again.
Corrupt config file, if found, will now be deleted.'

I have tried checking my Internet Explorer settings and everything is fine there. I can access the internet and there are no proxy settings.

1.0 installed fine a few days ago. What's up with 1.0.1?

Go into your temp directory and remove the old mediaportal deploy folder. I did this and then the installer works as it should do. It's leaving stuff behind from previous installs.

Which temp directory is this? I've tried C:\WINDOWS\Temp and there doesn't appear to be a deploy folder there...

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    use %temp% rather than c:\windows\temp. It will jump to the correct location (%temp% is a system-wide variable).

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Ah ok, thanks.

Well I deleted the Mediaportal installation folder in temp and ran the install again. Same error 'Download of Settings file failed.' on install.team-mediaportal.com/DeployTool/ApplicationLocations.xml

I can access this file fine in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Why can't the installer get to it?

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After the DeployTool has thrown this error and exists,
    please restart it and try again (without deleting anything in the mean time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom