[Bug] MediaPortal 1.3 beta Failed to update database (2 Viewers)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And again... :). Maybe i should using the MySQL Workbench? Is there an easier way to get this to work?

I tried two times, the first one is running without an error (but the Database Problem was still there).
    The second:
    Bild1.png

i changed the CannelNumber to channelNumber, but also get the Database Error...

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe you could download TeamViewer and PM me with the connection details? Would be faster.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, i have send you my Data :)[DOUBLEPOST=1355571896][/DOUBLEPOST]Thank you again :)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @findftp
    Do you also use a MySQL database?
    Could you please also provide your log files so we can check if both of you are seeing the same problem.

Thanks,
    mm
    Yes I used mysql, but I'm not 100% sure because I already uninstalled it.
    After that I was still not able to instal 1.3 Beta.
    How do I gather logs from the installer? It won't Get me passed the install of the tvserver.
    After uninstall of mysql I was still not able to install everything from scratch. I did not do a reboot after uninstallation of mysql though.
    I did not try anything else yet after that because shortage of time.
    I'm now in bed swiping this message.
    I think it is strange marking this thread as no bug because my try of installation was almost on a fresh machine with 1.2.3 on it which I eventually also completely uninstalled

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @schaf
    would be this fixed in future?
    I used TeamViewer to log in and fix the problem for MaxMan23, and I could do the same for you... but in general we do not intend to support upgrading from custom/unofficial builds. It is simply not possible to manage all situations. When the team tests MP custom builds we expect that it would not be possible to upgrade. The same applies for the community - if you install a custom build then upgrades may fail or cause problems later.

@findftp
    So you completely uninstalled and deleted the database?
    MaxMan23 was having problems opening TV Server configuration.
    That is strange. I think maybe we have two issues here...
    Would you be so kind as to allow me to log into your computer tomorrow and check the situation?

mm

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @schaf
    would be this fixed in future?
    I used TeamViewer to log in and fix the problem for MaxMan23, and I could do the same for you... but in general we do not intend to support upgrading from custom/unofficial builds. It is simply not possible to manage all situations. When the team tests MP custom builds we expect that it would not be possible to upgrade. The same applies for the community - if you install a custom build then upgrades may fail or cause problems later.

@findftp
    So you completely uninstalled and deleted the database?
    M axMan23 was having problems opening TV Server configuration.
    Th at is strange. I think maybe we have two issues here...
    Would you be so kind as to allow me to log into your computer tomorrow and check the situation?

mm

Yes i uninstalled everything, MePo and sql. Only no reboot after sql uninstall. Teamview is ok, but I'm not sure when I'm available. I let you know.

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just looked at it again and noticed that in 'c:\programdata' there were still directories of MePo and MySQL after uninstall. I deleted them manually and after that I was able to install MePo 1.3 without failure.

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    La Calamine
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm having the exact same error as MaxMan23 after upgarding from 1.3.0 Alpha (no custom build here)

@MaxMan23: maybe you need to commit your changes in the console first...
    After you have removed the column, just call following command: "commit;"

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just looked at it again and noticed that in 'c:\programdata' there were still directories of MePo and MySQL after uninstall. I deleted them manually and after that I was able to install MePo 1.3 without failure.
    ...so now there is no way that I can find out what was happening! :(

I'm having the exact same error as MaxMan23 after upgarding from 1.3.0 Alpha (no custom build here)
    What makes you so sure it is exactly the same. Please provide log files so we can check!

@MaxMan23: maybe you need to commit your changes in the console first...
    As mentioned, above: I fixed the problem for MaxMan23... and no, that was not required.

Users who are viewing this thread