[Bug] MediaPortal 1.3 beta Failed to update database (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @schaf
    would be this fixed in future?
    I used TeamViewer to log in and fix the problem for MaxMan23, and I could do the same for you... but in general we do not intend to support upgrading from custom/unofficial builds. It is simply not possible to manage all situations. When the team tests MP custom builds we expect that it would not be possible to upgrade. The same applies for the community - if you install a custom build then upgrades may fail or cause problems later.

@findftp
    So you completely uninstalled and deleted the database?
    MaxMan23 was having problems opening TV Server configuration.
    That is strange. I think maybe we have two issues here...
    Would you be so kind as to allow me to log into your computer tomorrow and check the situation?
    mm

Can you please provide Info how you have fixed the error? It's anoying not to be able to access TV settings. I think there is a bug in teh setup - I had this on a 1.2.3 system upgraded (removed all Databases to get rid of it) and now on an update from 1.3.0 alpha.

frankytv

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i reported this error serval days before (my thread has no Confirm Button)
    Upgraded from 1.23 to 1.30beta (my install log is in my thread)
    Everything was before clean installed.

Also can't open the TV Server config.

Why is it set to "No Bug" ????

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I could, but this needs to be reviewed by someone who knows what should happen there - I do not know nor understand the purpose of those tables and fields.
    As workaround, the proposed SQL script can be used from SQL studio or an SQL client - but I would not recommend doing so, until it is confirmed, it does the right thing initially intended.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Gentleman - can soemone at least provide an Info if there is going to be a fix - currently I keep my system in this half working state to be able to provide feedback but as there is no response at all I wunder if it makes sense to wait ...

frankytv

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, okay.
    You're in the MySQL command prompt. That is good. You can just enter:
    use MpTvDb;
    ALTER TABLE Channel DROP COLUMN ChannelNumber;

No need for the "mysql -u ..." stuff

mm

i've tried this solution, but it don't work.

See Attached Screenshot of the SQL Console.
    I got always the "Failed to upgrade the Database" Error.
    (Btw. i am coming from V1.23 (fresh clean installed 6 month ago), not from Alpha or Beta)

MySQL.PNG

I would not recommend to do the steps above, because after that
    the Database was not longer readable by TVServer and i had no Channels anymore.
    Only a Restore of Win7 brang me everything back. Be carefull !!!

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Will try to reproduce the issue and hope for a fix :)

Users who are viewing this thread