MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-10-2009 15-53h - Revision:21688.rar (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Had a look @ your logs & just wondered if this it's true: " Display Memory: 32.0 MB" (MP need atleast 128 MB)?
    Hi Roy,
    thanks for looking to the logs; you are right, its a Dell Latidude D600 with a Mobility Radeon 9000, 32MB. But before this SVN I never had any problem related to the graphics (same like jezd).

Alfred

Hi,
    We've had this requirement for a long time, some that had less video memory have had problems. You can try a "less" memory hungry skin then B3 & B3W or if it's possible to up mem for video do that, but for now this it's just how it is.......

Regards
    Roy

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Roy,
    I accept that this is the requirement. But: Is this really the explanation for the "external window"? In this external window eveything shows smooth. And according to jezd, he does not have any problems with the SVN.
    Upgrading of Video is not possible (onboard).

Regards
    Alfred

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Maybe you should also try updating your GFX driver. It's from 2005 and it's not WHQL:ed

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi Roy,
    I accept that this is the requirement. But: Is this really the explanation for the "external window"? In this external window eveything shows smooth. And according to jezd, he does not have any problems with the SVN.
    Upgrading of Video is not possible (onboard).

Sounds like directshow is failing to connect to the VMR9 renderer and opens that another video window (most likely that one is using overlay video renderer, could you check that with GraphEdit?)

If thats the case, nothing on MP side can be done.

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hey when trying to launch the mp config on this svn i loads up until it normally starts up the dialog, but then i get the attached error msg..
    i have directx 10 installed.

Attachments

• config-error.png
      config-error.png
      7.6 KB

looxer01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2006
    seems that the bug from the last SVN "Time shift does not work in MP1 without TVServer" is still not resolved.

TVServer never worked for me so far. Because of the bug I have now tried it again. Still it
    did not work with the Skystar drivers but it works with the BDA driver. That was really good news. :)

I only have one issue left. I have configured TVServer in a way that radio should auto start with the start up of MP.
    That worked in the MP configuration without TVServer. Unfortunately it does not work with the TVServer config.
    (I can swith radio manually on without problems. )

I am not sure whether this is related to this SVN but it seems like a bug to me.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hey when trying to launch the mp config on this svn i loads up until it normally starts up the dialog, but then i get the attached error msg..
    i have directx 10 installed.

Try removing your 3rd party plugins (MovingPictures, My TV-Series are fine though) like MyLyrics and try again. Or MP Backup for TV-Server.

Emph

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I installed this SVN over MP 1.0 and I initially had also the DirectX issue, so I reinstalled the Nov 2008 version and the nag screen was gone.
    But, now I have a problem that whenever I play *.mkv files (haven't tried any other yet) and all over sudden I don't have Dolby Digital/DTS sound over my digital output anymore, there is only stereo PCM stuff??? I already checked my audio codecs (both tried MPC and Microsoft) and the audio renderer (i.e. digital out).

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!
    Ron

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    emph i removed everything. all skins, plugins, even mediaportal... and installed svn... but no go

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Has anyone else noticed that autoplay DVD doesn't work. Also, clicking "play DVD" in the menu generates "please insert disc"error.

Using the latest SVN. DVD playback works in PowerDVD. Tried enabling/disabling anyDVD, same errors

I have a similar problem when I insert a DVD while MediaPortal is running. I even have MP set to "not autoplay" but when I go to "Play DVD" it says "Please insert disc". Restarting MediaPortal works.

To clarify: inserting the DVD while MP is running causes this problem. If the DVD is inserted and THEN MP is started, then "Play DVD" works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom