MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-10-2009 15-53h - Revision:21688.rar (2 Viewers)

Duc78

Portal Member
September 27, 2006
Hi
I'm pretty satisfied with this svn!
Hibernation and Standby with Vista32 works perfect without any restarting, waiting or plugins.
No stuttering with TV Server!

The only thing is the onscreen keyboard disappeared again in some plugins.
e.g. Globalsearch and Onlinevideos. Renaming folders in MyMusic works fine.
Is it necessary to change something in the skin files or is it a svn issue?

Thanks for help!

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sounds like directshow is failing to connect to the VMR9 renderer and opens that another video window (most likely that one is using overlay video renderer, could you check that with GraphEdit?)

If thats the case, nothing on MP side can be done.

Hi tourettes,

thanks for the proposal; but: I do not know what you mean what I should test. If I google, I find that there is a software "Graphedit", but what exactly should I check?

In the meanwhile, I was thinking it could be an issue with the new version of directx; before, I had installed directx March 2008, but as the SVN asked for directx August 2008, I had installed it. So, what I did:

• Completely reinstall the backup (HD image) with directx March 2008, MP 1.0.0.0 RC4 -> ok
  • Installation of directx August 2008 -> ok
  • Installation of SVN -> same problem external window (logs attached, looks same to me)
  • Reinstallation of backup without SVN (only MP backup) -> ok

So, no luck with my directx-idea. Also, dxdiag does not report any error.

Alfred

Maybe you should also try updating your GFX driver. It's from 2005 and it's not WHQL:ed
Hi Mr. Hipp,

By trying to explain what I did with backups and re-installation, I forgot to anser your post, sorry.

I did not find any newer drivers for the Mobility Radeon 9000 in a Dell Latidue D600; do you know if there are any?
Thanks

Alfred

illStyle

Portal Pro
August 26, 2006
Nuremberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

PVR-Scheduler support seems to be broken here. This, however, may be caused by my messed up setup. So, is anyone else out there experiencing similar problems? In case there is not, I'll just start with a clean setup, I only want to avoid starting up from scratch for nothing.

Regards,
Simon

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I installed this SVN over MP 1.0 and I initially had also the DirectX issue, so I reinstalled the Nov 2008 version and the nag screen was gone.
    But, now I have a problem that whenever I play *.mkv files (haven't tried any other yet) and all over sudden I don't have Dolby Digital/DTS sound over my digital output anymore, there is only stereo PCM stuff??? I already checked my audio codecs (both tried MPC and Microsoft) and the audio renderer (i.e. digital out).

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!
    Ron

It's probably because of the change discussed here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-303/mp-uses-aac-audio-decoder-mkvs-mp4s-54658/ - in other words, it's probably using a different codec which isn't set up for SPDIF pass-through. Use Graphedit or Graphstudio to find out which codec MP is actually using during playback.

Tony

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Has anyone else noticed that autoplay DVD doesn't work. Also, clicking "play DVD" in the menu generates "please insert disc"error.

Using the latest SVN. DVD playback works in PowerDVD. Tried enabling/disabling anyDVD, same errors

I have a similar problem when I insert a DVD while MediaPortal is running. I even have MP set to "not autoplay" but when I go to "Play DVD" it says "Please insert disc". Restarting MediaPortal works.

To clarify: inserting the DVD while MP is running causes this problem. If the DVD is inserted and THEN MP is started, then "Play DVD" works fine.

I did see this problem, but after running a DVD with windows mediaplayer there is no problem any more as it looks!?

- Another small issue is if I press stop in full screen TV, "mouseover" don't work.

Very pleased with this release, thanks to u all devs!
    /tompa

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    I had that DVD Problem too. I went into configuration changed the autoplay behaviour and changed it back. That fixed the problem for me. But i have to say nice svn. Installed it and love it.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    in Dialogs/GUIDialogMenu.cs

public string SelectedLabelText
    {
    get { return selectedItemLabel; }
    }

why doesn't this have setter? also selectedItemLabel variable is never cleared.. it should be in function Reset()!!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    in Dialogs/GUIDialogMenu.cs

public string SelectedLabelText
    {
    get { return selectedItemLabel; }
    }

why doesn't this have setter? also selectedItemLabel variable is never cleared.. it should be in function Reset()!!

I cannot see how this is related to some specific SVN build.

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I installed this SVN over MP 1.0 and I initially had also the DirectX issue, so I reinstalled the Nov 2008 version and the nag screen was gone.
    But, now I have a problem that whenever I play *.mkv files (haven't tried any other yet) and all over sudden I don't have Dolby Digital/DTS sound over my digital output anymore, there is only stereo PCM stuff??? I already checked my audio codecs (both tried MPC and Microsoft) and the audio renderer (i.e. digital out).

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!
    Ron

It's probably because of the change discussed here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-303/mp-uses-aac-audio-decoder-mkvs-mp4s-54658/ - in other words, it's probably using a different codec which isn't set up for SPDIF pass-through. Use Graphedit or Graphstudio to find out which codec MP is actually using during playback.

Tony

Yes, this is exactly what's going on here :mad: MP should not default to the AAC decoder for specific (i.e. mkv) files :confused:, so from my point of view clearly a BUG!!!

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom