MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-04-02-2009 11-27h - Revision:22162.rar (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This SVN seems very good generally - great work !

However, this bug - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-302/problem-timeshift-files-mutiplying-channel-change-while-recording-55357/ (#1996 in Mantis) still doesn't seem to be fully fixed yet. It now closes the old 'ghost' subchannel files as each new one is created, but it doesn't delete them (as the change log suggests it should).

I've also discovered that the bug only happens if a recording is started when it's already timeshifting on that channel i.e. view a channel and then do 'record now'. If the recording is started when no viewing/timeshifting is taking place the extra subchannel timeshift files are not created.

Tony

Attachments

• RAMdisk_timeshift_folder.jpg
      RAMdisk_timeshift_folder.jpg
      84.2 KB

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Analog TV & Radio in multi seat bugs

Okay,

just installed this SVN. Started TV on my analog Hauppauge PVR500 card and it was superb! fast changing of channels, the whole feel of MP feels faster.

When I stopped jumping in the air and tried again the TV part, I got my same old problems as with all SVN's after 1.0 grrrrr. (but what a teaser ;))

So here are three bug reports:

A. Analog Radio (multiseat)
    1. start radio
    2. radio start to play
    3. memory usage of MP keeps rising until out of memory
    4. crash of MP
    5. logs attached

B. Analog TV (multiseat)
    1. start TV
    2. no picture
    3. wait....wait.....
    4. Crash of MP
    5. logs attached

C. Playing Recorded TV (multiseat)
    1. goto My TV
    2. goto recorded tv
    3. start recording
    4. screen flickers and return to recorded TV menu
    5. select different recording
    6. same
    7. exit MP
    8. logs attached

I feel we are so close to solving this, please PM me if any additional logs / tests etc needed.

Thanks again for all your effort!

regards,
    Ruud.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jerky Scrolling in MiniEPG

Jerky Scrolling in MiniEPG

Steps to reproduce:

Enter "MyTV"
    Select "Channel"
    Move the cursor to a channel where the title of the program is so long that it does not fit.
    Watch the horizontal scrolling of the program title.

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Okay,

just installed this SVN. Started TV on my analog Hauppauge PVR500 card and it was superb! fast changing of channels, the whole feel of MP feels faster.

When I stopped jumping in the air and tried again the TV part, I got my same old problems as with all SVN's after 1.0 grrrrr. (but what a teaser ;))

So here are three bug reports:

A. Analog Radio (multiseat)
    B. Analog TV (multiseat)
    C. Playing Recorded TV (multiseat)

Ruud.

Ruud,

Was the SVN installed over a clean install of 1.0?

Your TV server log files are pretty much empty. Does preview in the server config app work for TV & radio?

thagerty

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hmm, it seems now with this current version... when running external programs through plug-ins like myprograms, myemultaors,etc..... that when the program closes it returns to the Home Screen instead of the plug-in screen like in 1.0.

Also if you try to run the external program again and quit a second time... MP will show up in the taskbar but will not respond! This is consistent.

Run a program once..works fine...run it a second time.. MP wont show up or respond...you can hear the buttons clicking from your remote though...

I also tried running MP in a window, and when I quit the program i launched... MP just has a white screen in the wndow.
    Why does MP return to Home Screen now? Is there a way around this....

Also...would be nice to have subtitles ENABLED...but have an option to HIDE them by default. The only way I can get MKV's with subs to work is top have them ALWAYS turned on...and have to turn them off for EACH movie which is annoying.

In 1.0, I would just tell DirectVobSub to HIDE subtitles, and then use my remote in MP to enable when I wanted (which isn't too often).

Great Work guys...these are my only two problems...

mucha0815

Portal Member
    March 23, 2009
    In TV-Server -> XmlTv Plugin -> Mappings --> The checkboxes in "Visible in Guide" colloum are having no function (cant be unchecked)

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    New tuner controls in server default to PAL even for NTSC_M

I just did a wipe of MP on my server, & did a 1.0 w/SVN22162 install.

There are new tabs for 'settings' & 'video proc/amp' for analogue cards in the server config. The options in both of these tabs were greyed out, even after clicking check on the fourth tab (quality control).

I went ahead & did my cable TV scan, after which the two new tabs no longer had their contents greyed out. The video standard entry was properly populated to NTSC, but the 'frame rate' & 'size' entries were both populated as PAL. If it can detect that the input is NTSC, shouldn't it default the other settings to NTSC?

I can't find a new field for this in SQL. Would this info have been stored per channel in SQL, or is it externally stored & everything is fine now that I've changed the setting to NTSC?

Picture & scan logs attached.

Thanks
    Brad

Attachments

• NTSC_M-PAL Settings.jpg
      NTSC_M-PAL Settings.jpg
      60.3 KB
    • NTSC_M-PAL_Settings.rar
      30.7 KB

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Problem with FM radio scan in TV server

I just set up an FM antenna in my attic, connected to my TV server in my basement, & figured I'd set up FM on the server.

When scanning for FM stations, the scanner scans every .1MHz, even though I'm set for Canada. Even frequencies aren't used in N.A for FM, & the scan should therefore only scan every .2Mhz on the odd decimals ie. 102.1, 102.3 etc.

I assume it scans every .1Mhz, because the even frequencies are used elsewhere (Europe?). It wouldn't be a problem waiting though the extended scan, but scanning the even frequencies here, causes a problem.

If a station is powerful, the noise on the even frequency just before the station, is sufficient to make MP incorrectly import it as a station, even though it's a bunch of noise. MP then skips .4Mhz, evey time it imports a station, before it resumes it's scan. This causes it to jump right passed the correct frequency for the station, which was .1MHz higher. It also causes it to sometimes skip another station that was .2Mhz away. I live near two major markets, so it's not unheard of to have one station on 103.3 (in one market), & another on 103.5 (in the other market).

I tried setting the sensitivity to low, hoping it would stop it from adding in false stations on adjacent frequencies, but it does not help.

Could the scanner be changed to adhere to country selection, or at least allow manual selection of odd/even scanning?

I'd also like to be able to set it to only skip .2 Mhz when it finds a station. Is this possible?

The stations it did import, are listed in the radio channels section as type analog, instead of type FM. Trying to view FM details throws an error.

Scan logs, & multiple pics attached.

Thanks
    Brad

Attachments

• FM_Scan.jpg
      FM_Scan.jpg
      70.7 KB
    • FM_Scan_Results_Type.jpg
      FM_Scan_Results_Type.jpg
      81.7 KB
    • FM_Details.jpg
      FM_Details.jpg
      25.5 KB
    • Analog_Details.jpg
      Analog_Details.jpg
      35.3 KB
    • FM_Scan.rar
      30.6 KB

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just did a wipe of MP on my server, & did a 1.0 w/SVN22162 install.

There are new tabs for 'settings' & 'video proc/amp' for analogue cards in the server config. The options in both of these tabs were greyed out, even after clicking check on the fourth tab (quality control).

I went ahead & did my cable TV scan, after which the two new tabs no longer had their contents greyed out. The video standard entry was properly populated to NTSC, but the 'frame rate' & 'size' entries were both populated as PAL. If it can detect that the input is NTSC, shouldn't it default the other settings to NTSC?

I can't find a new field for this in SQL. Would this info have been stored per channel in SQL, or is it externally stored & everything is fine now that I've changed the setting to NTSC?

Picture & scan logs attached.

Thanks
    Brad
    The TvServer needs to detect the capabilities of you card, which is done on the first tune. After this you can enter this section and the options are no longer disabled, if your card support them.

The standard frame size/rate of the card will be detected automatically later on. Therefor more development is needed. To avoid duplicated work, we just use a standard value.

All options in this section of SetupTV are per card and stored in a configuration file.

I just set up an FM antenna in my attic, connected to my TV server in my basement, & figured I'd set up FM on the server.

When scanning for FM stations, the scanner scans every .1MHz, even though I'm set for Canada. Even frequencies aren't used in N.A for FM, & the scan should therefore only scan every .2Mhz on the odd decimals ie. 102.1, 102.3 etc.

I assume it scans every .1Mhz, because the even frequencies are used elsewhere (Europe?). It wouldn't be a problem waiting though the extended scan, but scanning the even frequencies here, causes a problem.

If a station is powerful, the noise on the even frequency just before the station, is sufficient to make MP incorrectly import it as a station, even though it's a bunch of noise. MP then skips .4Mhz, evey time it imports a station, before it resumes it's scan. This causes it to jump right passed the correct frequency for the station, which was .1MHz higher. It also causes it to sometimes skip another station that was .2Mhz away. I live near two major markets, so it's not unheard of to have one station on 103.3 (in one market), & another on 103.5 (in the other market).

I tried setting the sensitivity to low, hoping it would stop it from adding in false stations on adjacent frequencies, but it does not help.

Could the scanner be changed to adhere to country selection, or at least allow manual selection of odd/even scanning?

I'd also like to be able to set it to only skip .2 Mhz when it finds a station. Is this possible?

The stations it did import, are listed in the radio channels section as type analog, instead of type FM. Trying to view FM details throws an error.

Scan logs, & multiple pics attached.

Thanks
    Brad
    Many things are possible, but someone needs to code it ;)

There is no real definition which frequencies have to be scanned for FM radio and therefor TvServer scans each .1 MHz. Also TvServer skips .4 MHz after it finds a channel, to avoid the problem with powerful stations. Perhaps we will change that in the future, but I'm not sure.

The type of the channels is correct, because you are using an analog card of the TvServer. With FM radio you can use FM radio stations from the MP client. I haven't used it and don't know how it works.

MisterD

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ruud,

Was the SVN installed over a clean install of 1.0?

Your TV server log files are pretty much empty. Does preview in the server config app work for TV & radio?

Hi x4mer,
    tried to update the svn on the tv server but ended up with tv cards not being detected. So I did a complete uninstall of the tvserver, reinstalled 1.0 and installed this svn over it (thanks to Huha for his backup plugin ;))

remember that I am using a multi seat setup (dedicated tv server) and that the logs are generated on the client (on which the TV server is not installed, only the tv plugin) maybe that is the reason.

to the devs: if you need logs also from the tvserver please let me know so I can upload these, I am currently assuming that the TV server logs in a muti seat environment are also 'automagically' collected by the log generator.

Thanks for looking into this!

regards,
    Ruud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom