MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-09-20-2008 10-52h - Revision:20268.rar (1 Viewer)

nschoot

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
This build is not too bad for me... Most channels seem to work, although sometimes I need to browse to other channels first.... Don't know why... (see 2.)

1. Strange bug: I use the PowerScheduler plugin for client and server to let MP go into standby when I press Standby on my remote. This works only once though. When the system is resumed from standby MP just won't go to Standby again when I press Standby again. It simply sits there... (Even Fullscreen TV isn't stopped). When I restart MP, I can go into standby a single time again. See the logs for details.

2. What also seems to be a bug is that I can't go to just any channel when it resumes. It either gives me an "unknown error" or a "no audio/video detected" or even "this channel is scrambled" on seemingly random channels. No matter how many times I try, it just doesn't start. When I go to a different channel (TV Guide) it works. The funny thing is, it shows about 1 second of the channel that I tried to watch originally, but gave me the errors. Once I have watched the working channel, I can even go to the original channel without any problem. This problem is logged as well.
I have "Reinitialize card on resume" enabled.

Logs contain the following:
- Use MPTestTool to cleanup/start MP.
- Go into fullscreen TV
- Going into standby
- Resuming
- Unable to watch channel a few times, eventually succesful
- Go into fullscreen TV
- Try to go into standby again
- Not working

I enabled extensive logging for the PowerScheduler pluging in both Client and Server.

Hope this helps...

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,
    last weekend installed this new SVN, Monday it blew up on me. reverted back to previous SVN. Today I found some time to install current SVN and reproduce the error.

but first some changes in CPU load between the two SVN versions:
    svn 14-9 Analog radio 37-42% CPU load
    svn 20-9 Analog radio 5 - 12% CPU load
    svn 14-9 Analog TV time shifting 32-52% CPU load
    svn 20-9 Analog TV time shifting 10-25% CPU load

Just thought i give you some feedback can't explain these figures myself, but you understand that I like the trend I am seeing ;)

Now for the error:
    "TV service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
    Error signature:
    szAppName: TVService.exe szAppVer: 0.9.2.20268
    szModName: mpFileWriter.ax szModVer: 0..0.0.0 offset: 0000640c

Logs attached.

What did I do:
    1. I started time shifting, pressed record (current program), switched to other channel and .... bam.

What happened Monday: I had conflicting recordings (two card, three programs overlapping). Normally I got an conflict message forcing me to make a choice. When the third program started.... bam.

In the logs I have tried to schedule three recordings (with on the TV server conflicts manager (normal) activated). Did not get an error or message... so looks like conflicts manager is not working.
    Scheduling of programs is also in log files.

Hope you can work this out!
    Many thanks for your effort!

regards,
    Ruud.

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi folks!

Problem when using WMR9 exclusive mode on a secondary screen is still there. Only 'no signal' appears and when I stop playing skin is back but only in quarter size at upper left corner of the screen. This happens only in full screen mode.

I have tested all SVN builds and this is 4th where this issue happens. I reverted back to 08-22-2008 again and it works. No harm done, only that I cannot help finding other possible bugs, because I have to keep our system working. Anyway I still like to be a testing operator :)

I have now posted an official bug report here. If somebody have that same problem, could you please confirm this to that bug report topic.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Mmmm, just installed coreavc for decoding my hdmovies. And guess what. Now this codec is also used by the tv-part of mp. For watching tv i want to use powerdvd because then i get hardware accelleration. Coreavc is software.

Is this a bug ?

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Ragendorf

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2008
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

get some Problems with this SVN.

I use a AMD 690G-Chipset with the integrated Graphiccard and two Terratec Cinergy S PCI with the actual Driver Version 1.0.2.9 and an Quad-Switch-LNB.

The Problem is, that i, when i scan Channels (Astra 19,2° East), dont get Pro Sieben, Sat 1 and so on. And next Problem, i cant tune to the Channels MediaPortal found. Everytime i want to tune to a Channel MP found appears the Message: "Unknown Error occured".

I tried to scan with only one card with the self result. Logs are attached, maybe anyone could take a look and give me a hint how to solve the Problem?

Sorry for bad English.... :(
    Best regards and a big thanks.

--Jens--

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    insomnia, crash after scheduled recording

After recording overnight, MP didn't go back to sleep. This morning, when I closed the client manually, it crashed. Dr. Watson also reported an error in TV Server at 1:15, about the time MP should have gone to sleep.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Mmmm, just installed coreavc for decoding my hdmovies. And guess what. Now this codec is also used by the tv-part of mp. For watching tv i want to use powerdvd because then i get hardware accelleration. Coreavc is software.

Is this a bug ?

I have to agree, when watching (SD) tv.. i also have the Coreavc (1.8) in my taskbar...
    and TV is set to nvidia purevideo also for sound.. so i have both icons in my list..

That is weird idd... thats wasnt the case before, when I only saw nvidia icon , so I guess he is right about this!

jigsjdg

Portal Member
    February 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wouldn't it be great if we can select which 'tp' will be searched when installing the new TV-Server from SVN?

My point:
    I got DVB-T from KPN in the Netherlands (Digitenne). When installing the TVServer from SVN, it recommends the old TVServer sw to be deinstalled (including dropping the old db). So... if I do that, I will have to search for channels all over again.
    Everytime I do that, it scans 56 'tp's while each time it does that, I find it only finds channels on 11tp, 26tp, 44tp and 51tp. The whole search takes some 20 minutes, sometimes a bit longer. If I can tell it to only search the 4 tp's where it'll find something, than it would save me some 19 minutes...

Guess everybody that frequently updates the SVN versions will recognize this.

(if, however, it is not required to drop the old database with channels, then please make an option to deinstall TVServer and leave the db untouched! That would save even more time!)

Thx,
    -Jigs

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wouldn't it be great if we can select which 'tp' will be searched when installing the new TV-Server from SVN?

My point:
    I got DVB-T from KPN in the Netherlands (Digitenne). When installing the TVServer from SVN, it recommends the old TVServer sw to be deinstalled (including dropping the old db). So... if I do that, I will have to search for channels all over again.
    Everytime I do that, it scans 56 'tp's while each time it does that, I find it only finds channels on 11tp, 26tp, 44tp and 51tp. The whole search takes some 20 minutes, sometimes a bit longer. If I can tell it to only search the 4 tp's where it'll find something, than it would save me some 19 minutes...

Guess everybody that frequently updates the SVN versions will recognize this.

(if, however, it is not required to drop the old database with channels, then please make an option to deinstall TVServer and leave the db untouched! That would save even more time!)

Thx,
    -Jigs

No they dont recognize that. because you can export your channellist, en just import it back after upgrading :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom