MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-10-17-2008 19-45h - Revision:20514.rar (2 Viewers)

nicksti

Portal Pro
September 1, 2006
After watching video tvserver is down

hello!

Great job form the programmers.
MP gets better and better but I have still some problems with the stability.

1. problem
I guess I have the same problem as DjeC64.
Everytime, when I watch an video of after playing a game (with an own menu-entry in plugins) the tvserver is down and I have to restart the server.

2. problem
In the error-log there is also a message " The database backend (provider SQLServer) could not be reached ".
I think that is also a reason for instability of my tvserver.

thanks a lot for your work and your support

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Just upgraded from rc2 and now when I play back an mkv file that has subtitles in, MP just minimises itself. If I maximise from the system tray and try again it then plays back fine. Also I can now no longer use milkdrop as a visualisation, when it half worked on every version before. I've used rc1, rc2 and never had these problems.

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    TVService dies when switching from Live to Video

Dear Developers,

Here are my logs file for my problem related above. TVService dies when switching from Live to Video.
    Thank you.

krl69

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2006
    Finally I did the RC2 to RC3 upgrade and this SVN, but the cover download from IMDB doesn't work anymore, the no-cover icons for my videos are not updated after a lookup.

And a little annoying thing too: when play iso and other image DVD's form hd, the daemontools and the taskbar shows itself even though MP is in fullscreen and “the keep MP always on top” selected in config.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    about the IMDB...ive notice that its the only grabber right now. shouldnt it be default selected when downloading mediaportal? i cant find a reason not to, as its the only grabber right now and even if there where more, i think this should be the default one.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    about the IMDB...ive notice that its the only grabber right now. shouldnt it be default selected when downloading mediaportal? i cant find a reason not to, as its the only grabber right now and even if there where more, i think this should be the default one.

Maybe you've missed the clean out and update buttons?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I noticed yesterday that grabbing on a fresh install seemed a bit flakey, but in the end I just put it down to the websites being slow rather than my set up.

planb

Portal Member
    April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hd Channel - BBC HD

Hi, for a while now my BBC HD via sat is the wrong aspect ratio and the FPS seem to be wrong, it's slow. (ATI AVIVO Decoder)

The aspect ration seems better changing to Cyberlink v8 decoder but the FPS is still wrong.

BBC HD has worked in the past perfect and as i knew you were doing alot of change around handling didn't want to bug you!

Logs attached.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom