MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-10-17-2008 19-45h - Revision:20514.rar (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    is finally working "stop" command when TV is running?

If you are in fullscreen TV, you need to ESC fullscreen and then you can stop TV.
    This is by design to avoid users loosing their timeshift file by accidentally pressing stop.

Simone

M

maysider2

is finally working "stop" command when TV is running?

If you are in fullscreen TV, you need to ESC fullscreen and then you can stop TV.
    This is by design to avoid users loosing their timeshift file by accidentally pressing stop.

Simone

ok, if this is argument so it sounds reasonable......but what about if Im out of TV?? Because Im able to stop TV by "stop" command and then is really more probable to accidentaly stop TV because Im using remote to watch i.g. weater.....but it has never happened me so far....so Id really appreciate to stop it with "stop" command.

So at least dont remove this ability

M

maysider2

But please not the MS-solution "Do you really want to stop?"... ;-)

yes.....it is stupid.....maybe to stop it by pressing "stop" again when "Do you really want to stop?" appears....it would be the best to have any compromise

and is still pause TV timeshifting limited with not exceeding time for timeshifting?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Or perhaps just a small popup saying "Stop not allowed" for one second or so. The current solution of just ignoring the keypress is not very user friendly.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello all!
    With this svn snapshot I see a confusing thing: in MediaPortal Configuration -> plugins under "Window Plugins" ther are 2x My TV and 2x My Radio. In plain RC3 the My Tv and My Radio where 1x in the "Window Plugins" section and 1x in "Process plugin" section. It was that changed intentionally, because is confusing.

Actually it has been a bug before that the tvplugin's modules where listed as process plugin (which they definately are not).

However - I've just a added fix so only _one_ plugin entry is displayed. In addition this will show a TV icon now.

nachttier

Portal Pro
    March 31, 2006
    Viernheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some minor observations:

In the LNB Setup, the DVB-S2 tuning features are labeled to be important for FireDTV and Hauppauge cards only. I have a Technotrend S2-3200 and had to activate those features to find any DVB-S2 channels during the scan. I think that note should be removed / modified.

The transponder list for DVB-S2 channels on Astra 19° should be updated. This thread "https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/media-portal-allgemeines-169/arte-hd-ab-1-juli-41814/" suggests the following frequencies:
    1=11362,H,22000,8psk,2/3,on,0.35
    2=11914,H,27500,qpsk,9/10,off,0.35
    3=12522,V,22000,8psk,2/3,on,0.35
    4=12581,V,22000,8psk,2/3,on,0.35
    5=12610,V,22000,56,DVB-S
    6=12721,H,22000,8psk,2/3,on,0.35

Then I would like to know if someone can confirm the following two things:

1) I use Vista 64bit with Aero and EVR. When I start up MP the mouse pointer is hidden. But when I (accidentally) move the mouse, the pointer appears and does not disappear again. This only happens when Aero is activated. Without Aero, the mouse pointer disappears after a short time.

2) MP does not seem to be able to avoid the power saving system of Windows to trigger. If the display is configured to be turned off after some time without user activity, the display is turned off, although MP keeps on running. Audio is still played and moving the mouse reactivates the display.

Both are quite annoying bugs, especially on PCs that are not dedicated HTPCs.

Regards,
    nachttier

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    nachttier,
    I have found that i can simply substitute the TV server's Power Scheduler for Windows power management. Since TV server runs all the time, I just don't set any automatic sleep time in Windows. I still use Windows power management to power down the harddrive after 5 min. MP only puts the HTPC to sleep after 15 min.

nachttier

Portal Pro
    March 31, 2006
    Viernheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nachttier,
    I have found that i can simply substitute the TV server's Power Scheduler for Windows power management. Since TV server runs all the time, I just don't set any automatic sleep time in Windows. I still use Windows power management to power down the harddrive after 5 min. MP only puts the HTPC to sleep after 15 min.

I think I did not express myself clearly enough. The problem I see is that the concerning PC is not a dedicated HTPC and so MP is not running all the time. On that particular machine, I even do not use power scheduler at all since I don't have the need for it. Windows in turn is configured to turn off the display after a certain time without user activity, which is fine when MP is not running and the machine is used as a regular desktop computer. If I leave it running while I go to the kitchen or anything like this, I want it to turn off the display to save some power, if I do not return to it after a certain time. But when MP is running and I am watching TV, which also results in "user inactivity", I do not want the display to turn off in the middle of a thrilling car chase.
    I also have DVBViewer installed and that one manages to prevent the power saving features to trigger. Therefore I think that's a bug in MP.
    I hope I could make it clear.

Regards,
    nachttier

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom