MediaStream skin for MP (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Doesn't matter to me if its regular or BasicHome, as long as it looks like that :)

I would just like the Submenus, that would be great.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Doesn't matter to me if its regular or BasicHome, as long as it looks like that :)

I would just like the Submenus, that would be great.
Unfortunately there wont be submenus, at least not with the basichome menu I have created, its just too hard to skin properly with everyone wanting different items in the submenus. This is why I dropped them from titanium. The good news is that i have a created a menu generator for the basichome menu using the aeon menu generator as a base. Screenshot below

BTW Spuck check your pm;)

I'm currently wondering whether everyone would rather more fanart focused tvseries and moving pictures compared to a straight port over from mediastream. I don't particularly like the layouts in mediastream but I could be alone in that thought. So straight port ala spucks screens or more focus on fanart? Or a choice of both perhaps??

Attachments

• streamed menu generator.jpg
    streamed menu generator.jpg
    42.2 KB

panic

Portal Pro
March 24, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'd like to see a straight port of the skin. But maybe provide darker and lighter background overlay images. So the user is able to choose if the fanart should be more visible (shine through) or not...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OK - this might sound a bit "teenage-ish", but:
    GOD DAMN SPUCK! I NEVER been that impressed by screenshots of MP! DO continue - please!!!
    And, yes - no need for basic home if home looks that good! Also, it is easy to "disable" (well, workaround) basic home, which - IMO - increases WAF.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm currently wondering whether everyone would rather more fanart focused tvseries and moving pictures compared to a straight port over from mediastream. I don't particularly like the layouts in mediastream but I could be alone in that thought. So straight port ala spucks screens or more focus on fanart? Or a choice of both perhaps??

I like Spucks pictures, but I'd rather have a little more focus on fanart. I have come to love it after I started using TV-series and Moving pictures with support for it.
    Just a little more visible than what's in Spucks Pictures, that should do it for me.

And too bad about the Submenu's :( I really did like those. But for them to be any good, they need to be changable by every person who uses the skin, since no one has the same plugins anyway. And if this isn't possible, then that's a no-go for submenus. Too bad I am not a skinner, to be able to code them in afterwards the way I'd like them :p

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    OK - this might sound a bit "teenage-ish", but:
    GOD DAMN SPUCK! I NEVER been that impressed by screenshots of MP! DO continue - please!!!
    And, yes - no need for basic home if home looks that good! Also, it is easy to "disable" (well, workaround) basic home, which - IMO - increases WAF.

As I mentioned above I have created a pretty decent looking basichome with a menu generator as well. Ill be tweaking the screens slightly for a bit more fanart I think.

Gamester17

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2004
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would a moderator mind renaming the thread topic summery to "MediaStream skin for MP" or something, as again this is not "Plex" skin, but a skin by Team Razorfish for XBMC that is called "MediaStream" , give credit where credit is due and all that :p
    Team Razorfish
    Team Razorfish

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Title updated!

This theme is great. Professional, and clean. Can't wait!

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there gonna be a beta? :p

I checked out xmbc live and I was impressed by the skin, not so much by xmbc so this could be very interesting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread