Missing controls (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just downloaded the latest black glass from svn, and when used I get a number of missing controls as seen in attached log.

Did I do something wrong, or are they just minor glitches, waiting to be solved?

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Those are only warnings. All the required controls are included though.

Thanks

Tgx

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, I'll happily ignore them.

I do have another issue/difference with version 2.7.0:

The menus seems to be more transparant as they used to be. see attached screenshot.
    I think it's a little bit more unclear.

Edit: I mean the right half of the screen, i think (but i'm not sure) that it looked more like the menu on the left

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      139.8 KB

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    No, nothing has changed in the facade background gfx. Here it seems more transparent because of the bright backdrop.

Thanks

Tgx

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are the backdrops changed then? Or were there no backdrops at all in that view in 2.7.0?

The thing is, I don't want to revert to 1.1.3 just to see what's changed. I don't know for sure what's different, but I know that I find the new skin (as seen in the screenshot) a bit less usable as 2.7.0...

Edit: just reverted back to 2.7.0 to really see what the differences were.

It turned out that the backdrops were only shown at the main menu, when any of the menu-items (tv,onlinevideos,videos,pictures etc) is chosen, the screen has no backdrop-image (only the blue-ish background). Also i see that in the tv menu, in the new version there are less stations shown (8 instead of 12).

Are these changeable through some options, or should i get going with the skin editor?

Attachments

• version2_7_0.jpg
      version2_7_0.jpg
      256.4 KB

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've been working on Mediaportal 1.2 for a lot of months and i do not recall every single change or enhancement i made since Black Glass 2.7.0. A lot has been done and some changes seems to be there since the beginning.

You can download the extras package to customize your Black Glass Svn installation. Have a look at it here: http://blackglass.pagani.no.it/2011/05/extras-packages.html

There's an option to disable backdrops and to have a 12rows tvguide.

One last thing. The screenshot shows the usage of wrong font size for text. This can be corrected following this page: http://blackglass.pagani.no.it/2011/02/correct-dpi-settings-for-mediaportal.html

Thanks

Tgx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there a new version of the extras pack you've mentioned, or is 2011/05 still current?

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    No, the package is not yet updated. I'm still struggling to keep up with all the recently updated plugins!

Thanks

Tgx

toutoune290

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2009
    brest
    Home Country
    France France
    hi Tgx,
    the poster view in the extra package doesn't seems to work anymore.
    i don't understand why.
    can you take a look at that ?
    thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread