Mouse Cursor is always present (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Please guys :) no one for trying, i'm trying to have a look there but if i can't have no help, then, i will let you figure out, like i have less time.
    Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So can someone try older TVS and MP bin ?
    Seems TVS Dev didn't change something related to it (but need to confirm that with him)

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Good news and perhaps for everyone.

Apparently the issue is related to a Microsoft update.

After the Windows Updates of last week the problem disappeared for me.

Except for reinstalling the MP-TVSeries plug-in - as requested but which did not help - I did literally nothing with my HTPC.
    After updating Windows with last week (Tuesday) patches (there were a lot) - which I did yesterday - the mouse pointer is gone again.
    I cannot explain it.
    Perhaps the binary of MP-TVSeries was compiled against a new version of a library/dll in Windows that just recently got pushed to the desktops.

Make sure you update your Windows, reboot and see if the problem persists.

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good news and perhaps for everyone.

Apparently the issue is related to a Microsoft update.

After the Windows Updates of last week the problem disappeared for me.

Except for reinstalling the MP-TVSeries plug-in - as requested but which did not help - I did literally nothing with my HTPC.
    After updating Windows with last week (Tuesday) patches (there were a lot) - which I did yesterday - the mouse pointer is gone again.
    I cannot explain it.
    Perhaps the binary of MP-TVSeries was compiled against a new version of a library/dll in Windows that just recently got pushed to the desktops.

Make sure you update your Windows, reboot and see if the problem persists.

Sadly the mouse cursor issue has raised its head once again, I have done all the windows updates, uninstalled tvseries plugin and reinstalled from the extension installer, used mediaportal 1.11 now onto mediaportal 1.12 pre release.
    @Sebastiii i will try your bin files in the next few days.Maybe the issue is related to waking the PC from sleep/hibernation, as I only get this issue when my PC resumes from its sleep state?

jan.schreibe

Portal Member
    January 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Jan :)

Yep could be nice to try on your rig.

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, work kept me very busy the last few days. So i tried a few things:

- Install latest Windows Updates => No difference, Mouse Cursor still there
    - Uninstall/Reboot/Reinstall MPTVSeries through MPEX => No difference, Mouse Cursor still there
    - Upgrade to 1.12 Pre Release => No difference, Mouse Cursor still there
    - Replace the .exe with the V2 .exe you posted => No difference, Mouse Cursor still there

Attached you'll find the logfiles with V2 .exe (cleared the logfile folder before upgrading to 1.12 Pre Release).

Connecting to my rig would be possible during the evening or the weekend if you're still interested ;-)

Thank you and kind regards

jan

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Jan :)

Yep could be nice to try on your rig.

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, work kept me very busy the last few days. So i tried a few things:

- Install latest Windows Updates => No difference, Mouse Cursor still there
    - Uninstall/Reboot/Reinstall MPTVSeries through MPEX => No difference, Mouse Cursor still there
    - Upgrade to 1.12 Pre Release => No difference, Mouse Cursor still there
    - Replace the .exe with the V2 .exe you posted => No difference, Mouse Cursor still there

Attached you'll find the logfiles with V2 .exe (cleared the logfile folder before upgrading to 1.12 Pre Release).

Connecting to my rig would be possible during the evening or the weekend if you're still interested ;-)

Thank you and kind regards

jan

Thanks and yes we could try connecting on your ring, if we can reproduce it easily, i wil be surely able to fix it :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    And please set level log to Debug :)
    upload_2015-6-5_7-43-5.png

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal