Moving Pictures 1.0.8 Stable Available (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is there a way to change the little Dolby/DTS icons on the media info bar?

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi, thx for this great update.
    but i have one big problem: bluray files with arcsoft du not play. mediaportal hangs up when pressing play button. in previous version all worked fine. config is the same. thx

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there a way to change the little Dolby/DTS icons on the media info bar?

You can modify the image file in the Media\Logos folder in your skin directory. Or directly modify the skin to refer to a different image file.

hi, thx for this great update.
    but i have one big problem: bluray files with arcsoft du not play. mediaportal hangs up when pressing play button. in previous version all worked fine. config is the same. thx

Bug Reports
    Please do not post bugs in this thread. If you have a bug report, please read this thread on how we track bugs, and then head on over to the Issue Tracker.

What you are reporting is definitely a bug este22, but it would be most helpful if you could log this on our bug tracker. There are a handful of bugs we are working on with this release and we don't want to loose anything in the shuffle.

TheWho

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    there is one thing that bugs me....

i changed the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\" to "D:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\"

but the thing is that my database still searches for the files on c:\ ...

is there a way to fix this even if its a dirty fix... ?

There is an Advanced Configuration option to change this path. Goto the about tab in the config and at the bottom click Advanced Settings. The "Cover Art Folder" and "Backdrop Folder" settings are pretty high on the list. Only caveat is if you don't move the existing files manually Moving Pictures will redownload new artwork the next time you restart Moving Pictures.

hehehehehe my bad :p that wore what i did but then.... then first _AFTER_ that, i moved the movingpictures.db3 from the backup folder... so there wore just a human error by me nothing more...

wierd.... its not a human error...

fforde im running "MP 1.1.0 BETA 1 rev23491" and MovPics 1.0.0 and under that is windows 7 x64.. when i start configuration.exe i get the qustionbox about simple or advance mode so i used windows function for compability mode "xp sp3" and "run as admin" but that does not help.... so i cant change the cover/backdrop path in movpics 1.0.0 settings becouse it goes back to c:\ the default folder....

why is that? is it a MP error or is it a MovPics error?

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    We finally got our donation system setup using PayPal. Moving Pictures will always be released under an open source licence but there is some financial overhead in running the project. If you enjoy Moving Pictures and you are able, please consider donating a small amount to help support continued development.

And sorry I know this may seem a little crass. I hate asking for donations but it's a necessary aspect of a growing project. :(
    No need to apologise, we can all see how hard you and everyone else on the Moving Pictures team has worked on this so it's a pleasure to be able to make a donation. :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    wierd.... its not a human error...

fforde im running "MP 1.1.0 BETA 1 rev23491" and MovPics 1.0.0 and under that is windows 7 x64.. when i start configuration.exe i get the qustionbox about simple or advance mode so i used windows function for compability mode "xp sp3" and "run as admin" but that does not help.... so i cant change the cover/backdrop path in movpics 1.0.0 settings becouse it goes back to c:\ the default folder....

why is that? is it a MP error or is it a MovPics error?

Are you changing the field highlighted in the screenshot (and the corresponding backdrop field)? After changing the value are you clicking Update? If the answer to both of these questions is yes and the value is not "sticking" then post a bug report on the issue tracker.

Attachments

• artworkfolder.png
      artworkfolder.png
      79.2 KB

TheWho

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    fforde 1. yes, 2. yes, 3. yes, 4. yes.

i have very limited space on my c:\ so this is a great future but the thing is i suspect its not a MovPics bug but a win7 x64 with MP 1.1 bug...

MAYBE... it could be that the User Account Control (UAC) is disabled on my computer... but its just a guess...

but i think i have read about this problem before..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom