Moving Pictures Build for MediaPortal 1.2 Beta? (1 Viewer)

udnceck

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2011
    Midiboy, i think that you install this version on 1.1.3 but, you lose some function, for example the "Cover Flow" because this function is proper of MP 1.2 beta.

For Mediaportal 1.1.3 use Moving Picture final 1.1 until 1.2 isn't Official Relase.

Bye

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Since MP backs up the same way every update it's probably a good idea to have a recovery function based on the date it was backed up on.. This could be automated and remove many headaches

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Since MP backs up the same way every update it's probably a good idea to have a recovery function based on the date it was backed up on.. This could be automated and remove many headaches

There are other plugins that will backup your settings between reinstalls like this, I don't recall the name but I am sure you can find it with a quick search. But really this in my opinion is bad behavior on MediaPortal's part, the current version of MediaPortal has nothing to do with how Moving Pictures interacts with it's own database.

I think the best solution is probably to just store Moving Pictures data (the database, and image data) in a separate folder by default. This would be pretty non standard though for a MediaPortal plugin... Not that this is a formal survey or anything, but how would you guys as users feel about Moving Pictures data being stored in a different location to prevent MediaPortal from clearing Moving Pictures settings on a major upgrade?

TheBiGW

Portal Member
    October 1, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not that this is a formal survey or anything, but how would you guys as users feel about Moving Pictures data being stored in a different location to prevent MediaPortal from clearing Moving Pictures settings on a major upgrade?

I guess it's a double edged sword. On the one hand it sounds great - no more manual setting up after a major upgrade as you say. But then, if one of those settings meant that the new install of Media Portal breaks then by doing something non-standard you are causing more work as people ask how to get Media Portal working again.

Perhaps working with the Media Portal dev team and developing a specific Moving Pictures exception is the way to go here. That way, if there is a change that could break Moving Pictures/Media Portal it can be built in from the beginning.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I thinks people should just make a backup of their mediaportal folder programdata / application data before doing any major maintenance on mediaportal. You can always restore from that backup. Maybe not the settings, although I've never had any troubles, but the databases and artwork you can replace without any troubles.

Moving data for a plugin to a different folder is a step in the wrong direction. You should strive towards standardisation. imo.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Perhaps working with the Media Portal dev team and developing a specific Moving Pictures exception is the way to go here. That way, if there is a change that could break Moving Pictures/Media Portal it can be built in from the beginning.
    I can bring it up again but I have talked to them in the past about this issue and they seemed pretty indifferent.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I think the best solution is probably to just store Moving Pictures data (the database, and image data) in a separate folder by default. This would be pretty non standard though for a MediaPortal plugin... Not that this is a formal survey or anything, but how would you guys as users feel about Moving Pictures data being stored in a different location to prevent MediaPortal from clearing Moving Pictures settings on a major upgrade?

great idea i think.
    When there's a major update to MP, Moving Pictures gets updated as well and just moving Moving Pictures database to another location shouldn't be that big of an issue IMHO.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures Build for MediaPortal 1.2 Beta?

How can i watch the trailer from the movies this button was new for me. I used the streamedmp skin but when i click on trailer inside on a mocie detailed site he jumps to basic home screen.

Users who are viewing this thread