Moving Pictures not "seeing" new videos (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've figured out how to repeat the problem, for me at least.

My HTPC is on most of the time (not in sleep).
    My movies are stored on a NAS, with watch folders set up in moving pictures
    I rip movies onto my desktop, process them, etc, then copy them to the nAS.

If Mediaportal is active on the HTPC when I transfer the movies to the NAS, moving pictures does not notice them, even if I later shut down mediaportal and restart it. I have to manually scan them in through config.

If mediaportal is off, or the HTPC is off, when I transfer the movies - then when I switch mediaportal on, it detects them correctly.

Is this how it is supposed to behave? It's a bit of a problem for my setup.

Are you using UNC Paths, such as \\NAS-Name\Path in MovPic config? If not, then change to that.

Try importing movies while having MovPic config open otherwise, when you are at the import tab, you can see immediatly if the movie is being detected.

And at this point if things still don't work, then debug enabled log files would be the only way to really see what is going on. Be sure to enable debug mode inside MediaPortal config. Clear log folder, transfer movie with MePo off, then start it, wait for MovPic to detect movie, then close down MePo. Save all the log files in a zip (there are easy ways for this with MePo now) and rename this to "works.zip". Then clear log folder again, transfer movie with MePo already running and verify that movie does not get added. Then shut down MePo and create another zip file with all the log files in it and name it "fails.zip".

Then reply to this thread, and attach both zip files.

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    On my desktop I had used UNC paths, and on my HTPC I had mapped drives (though I'd meant to use UNC paths). I have changed them and it seems to be working properly now.

Thanks RoChess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Right, this solved this issue. I added my comment to this thread. Thank you very much!
    Right, this solved this issue. I added my comment to this thread. Thank you very much!
    Until MP 1.31 I was able to change the Videos home screen button to Moving Pictures: MediaPortal Configuration -> GUI -> Skin ->...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select another. Moving Pictures scales down the high res pictures and shrinks the filesize as well so I can't just go to fanart or themoviedb and get the images without doing some extra work to get the file right...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    Replies
    Views
    Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures), there's a setting for ignored files you can try to disable. I'm using Mediaportal right now, so can't check exactly how it's worded. Emph
    Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures)...
    Guys, I could really use some suggestions on this one. I've a large film collection that I've recently transferred over to a new...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom