MovingPictures always gets installed by the Installer. (1 Viewer)

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Why is the moving pictures plugin always being installed despite I always uncheck it in the installer?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Why is the moving pictures plugin always being installed despite I always uncheck it in the installer?
    Good question... I just installed SMP without MovPic and can confirm that MovPic .dll is being installed.

Also: shouldn't the settings screen for MovPic and/or TV Series plugin be skipped when unchecked for install?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How did you uncheck it? I thought I made it impossible to uncheck...anyway its a pre-req for the editor so its mandatory for now. The plugin doesnt need to be enabled, but it needs to be installed.

EDIT: I just checked the installer code and noticed it doesnt disable the checkbox so thats why you were able to uncheck it :( I will investigate why this is...I have also been meaning to refactor the BasicHome editor so MovingPictures is not a per-requisite but its not that trivial.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in MP 1.32 particularly the x64 version and has been very thoroughly tested in a variety of scenarios, none the less it is important to bear in mind that since MP 1.33 x64 now includes an x64 version of the...
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in...
    I'm surprised. MediaPortal has always been easy to move forward with. Each release building on the last, until x64 that is. Ran...
    Replies
    Views
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/5154-mediaportal-1-x64-sharpdx.140955/ Attached as extension.zip in first post.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/5154-mediaportal-1-x64-sharpdx.140955/ Attached as extension.zip in first post.
    I installed the x64 1.32 Version and eveything seems fine. But where are the MovingPictures and MP-TVSeries Plugins? I can still...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom