MP 1.21 Volume OSD for 1039 MCE remote and MCE keyboard not working (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A set of debug level logs would be a good start...

Run the MP Watchdog tool, select the first option, hit the 'Proceed' button (which will start MP).
    After MP starts operate the -/+ keys, then the vol up/down (speaker icon) keys and finally the MCE remote vol up/down buttons. Then close MP, and the Watchdog tool should create a zip file with all the logs in it. Upload that here.

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    A set of debug level logs would be a good start...

Run the MP Watchdog tool, select the first option, hit the 'Proceed' button (which will start MP).
    After MP starts operate the -/+ keys, then the vol up/down (speaker icon) keys and finally the MCE remote vol up/down buttons. Then close MP, and the Watchdog tool should create a zip file with all the logs in it. Upload that here.

as requested, debug level logs files as collected by watchdog tool

clicked proceed, which started MP1.21
    went to TV Guide, and selected Channel 7HD, which started ts playback without issue
    clicked on RC6 keyboard - to reduce volume to 0, MP volume OSD displayed ok
    clicked on RC6 keyboard + to increase volume to 100, MP volume OSD displayed ok, waited till MP volume MP volume OSD timed out and disappeared
    clicked on RC6 keyboard volume down ( speaker icon volume down ), volume change audibly went down, absent volume OSD
    clicked on RC6 keyboard volume up ( speaker icon volume up ), volume change audibly went up, absent volume OSD
    clicked on RC6 remote volume down ( speaker icon volume down ), volume change audibly went down, absent volume OSD
    clicked on RC6 remote volume up( speaker icon volume up ), volume change audibly went up, absent volume OSD
    clicked on RC6 remote volume mute, audio was muted, absent volume mute OSD
    clicked on RC6 remote volume mute, audio was un-muted, absent volume mute OSD

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_04_03_19__10_03.zip
      1.7 MB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    clicked proceed, which started MP1.21
    went to TV Guide, and selected Channel 7HD, which started ts playback without issue
    clicked on RC6 keyboard - to reduce volume to 0, MP volume OSD displayed ok
    clicked on RC6 keyboard + to increase volume to 100, MP volume OSD displayed ok, waited till MP volume MP volume OSD timed out and disappeared
    clicked on RC6 keyboard volume down ( speaker icon volume down ), volume change audibly went down, absent volume OSD
    clicked on RC6 keyboard volume up ( speaker icon volume up ), volume change audibly went up, absent volume OSD
    clicked on RC6 remote volume down ( speaker icon volume down ), volume change audibly went down, absent volume OSD
    clicked on RC6 remote volume up( speaker icon volume up ), volume change audibly went up, absent volume OSD
    clicked on RC6 remote volume mute, audio was muted, absent volume mute OSD
    clicked on RC6 remote volume mute, audio was un-muted, absent volume mute OSD

OK - so the actual volume change/mute always happens, it's only the OSD that is not displayed.

I've made some progress in looking through the code - between MP 1.20 and 1.21 the audio mixer handling code was split into two modules - one for Win 10 and a different one for other Windows versions - it looks like something got 'lost' along the way for the non-Win 10 version.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    OK - so the actual volume change/mute always happens, it's only the OSD that is not displayed.
    Not in my case. :(

(1) For the keyboard, the volume is changed and the OSD appears. :)
    (2) For the "Centarea HID" (Ortek VRC-1100), the volume is changed and the OSD appears. :)
    (3) For "HID" (MCE RC6), the volume is not changed and the OSD does not appear. :(

Logs attached.

Edit:
    Logs show "+" then "-" for the keyboard, then VOLUME_UP and VOLUME_DOWN for MCE RC6. Logs do not show the dedicated keyboard volume buttons (my keyboard does not have them), or the "Centarea HID" actions.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_04_03_19__08_49.zip
      517.9 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Not in my case. :(

(1) For the keyboard, the volume is changed and the OSD appears. :)
    (2) For the "Centarea HID" (Ortek VRC-1100), the volume is changed and the OSD appears. :)
    (3) For "HID" (MCE RC6), the volume is not changed and the OSD does not appear. :(

There may be more than one bug here...I'm going to try and fix the MP OSD not appearing first (as I can reproduce that issue using the HID keyboard speaker+/- buttons). I don't have any PC IR remotes to check anything else (I control MP via EventGhost and a Bluetooth remote, so I don't use much of MP's internal HID/remote handling at all).

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    There may be more than one bug here...I'm going to try and fix the MP OSD not appearing first (as I can reproduce that issue using the HID keyboard speaker+/- buttons).
    I have just looked at the HID log lines in the log file, viz:

hid_log.jpg

What is noticeable is that the OK button does not seem to be shown at all. The log does show selection of the EPG, and one pair of volume up/down, but there should be two pairs of volume up/down. However, since OK is absent (but still works), it is not obvious which is the volume up/down pair that is absent -- the pair from the keyboard, or the pair from the remote control (being absent does not seem to mean that it does not work). Hmm, very puzzling. :confused:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I think I've made some progress, but it's not fixed yet e.g. if you select 'Master' (instead of 'Wave') as the controlled audio level in MP 1.21, it doesn't seem to work at all in Win 7 (but it does in MP 1.20). Things are badly broken for Win 7...

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think I've made some progress, but it's not fixed yet e.g. if you select 'Master' (instead of 'Wave') as the controlled audio level in MP 1.21, it doesn't seem to work at all in Win 7 (but it does in MP 1.20) . Things are badly broken for Win 7...

whilst i respect that for a minority user group, 'Master' volume control may not work in MP1.21, it's not such a huge deal for me as I've always used the default 'Wave' volume control.

for me, having the volume OSD present for RC6 MCE remote volume control is more important.

Without a volume OSD, making volume adjustments, especially in silent periods of video content where there is no audio feedback loop, is just a guessing game W.R.T volume setting/level.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Please try the attached new dll's (for MP 1.21 release version only) - just copy them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (after making a backup copy of the original dll's).

On my Win 7 test system, the 'Master' and 'Wave' volume controls and OSD now work from the -/= keys, and also from the vol up/down 'speaker icon' keys on the keyboard.

I can't test with any MCE etc. remotes as I don't have any to try.

Attachments

• MP1.21_rel_Win7_audio_mixer_fix_8.zip
      1.2 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom