MP 1.21 Volume OSD for 1039 MCE remote and MCE keyboard not working (2 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    At me CECRemote work fine on MP 1.22Pre ...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh dear:(, my assumptions that there was not an issue with the Ortek and Win 10 was based on my HTPC where I have the CEC Remote plugin installed to control the AVR volume which functions perfectly. I have been testing MP 1.22pre on my Desktop PC which has no AVR and found that with the Ortek and or KB media buttons, there is a problem with mute whereby it requires multiple presses to both mute and unmute. It looks like the button press is not always actioned in Win 10 (loudspeaker icon on taskbar shows not muted or remains muted) or MP even though the OSDs are displayed and/or are out of sync ( the MP volume OSD is mute but not the Win OSD or vice versa). The attached log is for MP 1.22pre but I checked MP 121f on my HTPC with the CEC volume control disabled and the problem is exactly the same. The problem is unchanged if Wave is selected.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_31_03_19__16_45.zip
      206.8 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    there is a problem with mute whereby it requires multiple presses to both mute and unmute.
    Are you using an Ortek config file that has the VOLUME and MUTE buttons enabled?

When I was testing this previously, it looked as though MP and Windows were both actioning the VOLUME and MUTE buttons, hence my proposal to disable the MP action by defining VOLUME and MUTE to "invalid" in the Ortek config file. I don't understand the nature of the interaction between MP and Windows, but perhaps it could produce the result that you are observing.

What is the behaviour like if you disable the Ortek VOLUME and MUTE buttons in the Ortek config file?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you using an Ortek config file that has the VOLUME and MUTE buttons enabled?
    Yes, your Centarea HID.xml but without AutoHotkey running (non-admin account).

What is the behaviour like if you disable the Ortek VOLUME and MUTE buttons in the Ortek config file?

Then everything works fine, thank goodness.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom