MP 1.3b Crash (1 Viewer)

DaiC1

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Neath
Home Country
Wales Wales
I have the latest moving pic & tvseries installed and MePo crashes whatever type of avi file play in either plugin.

But if I disable either the other plugin plays with no crash,

Nils Mosbach

November 29, 2012
Weissach
Home Country
Germany Germany
Happened to me as well. Seems to be a problem with MediaInfo if a movie file caused it to Crash while reading information. In my case the movies had no Screen size and surround Information in moving Pictures.

Have a look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-install-mp-with-moving-pictures.98797/page-2

Could someone of the devs have a look at this behavoir? Would be nice that MediaPortal won't stop working just because a Problem with MediaInfo ;). Anyway, I love Moving Pictures and MPTVSeries. Great Job guys! :)

Nils Mosbach

November 29, 2012
Weissach
Home Country
Germany Germany
I finally got to work out what caused the issue in my case. MediaInfo seems to crash if it does not have the access right to modify the file. After I gave all rights to the folder, everything worked out fine :).

If that won't help you, there's still a way to disable the MediaInfo lookup in the advanced Settings of Moving Pictures. I even found out that it does not actually crash MP, furthermore it's kind of a two min delay in playback.

DaiC1

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Neath
Home Country
Wales Wales
Thanks, not sure how to do that but will do some research and try again on the next upgrade.

Last edited:

DaiC1

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Neath
Home Country
Wales Wales
I finally got to work out what caused the issue in my case. MediaInfo seems to crash if it does not have the access right to modify the file. After I gave all rights to the folder, everything worked out fine :).

If that won't help you, there's still a way to disable the MediaInfo lookup in the advanced Settings of Moving Pictures. I even found out that it does not actually crash MP, furthermore it's kind of a two min delay in playback.

Hi I cant find how to disable the MediaInfo lookup in the advanced Settings of Moving Pictures any ideas

DaiC1

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Neath
Home Country
Wales Wales
For personal interest, do the freezes happen every time you start a video file or just sometimes?
Ever time I start video in either moving pictures or mytvseries. If I disable moving pictures mytvseries works

Users who are viewing this thread