MP 2.2 - Where can I find Movies NOT imported (and why??) ? (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany

I have good experience with tinymediamanager, my problem is that mp do not accept changes in tmm and does not refresh the db. Also MP 2 use growriting for every word in the movie title, thats horrible to read like for a movie with the title "Nachts im Museum" MP shows the title as "Nachts Im Museum", but I use the correct title in tmm.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ith the title "Nachts im Museum" MP shows the title as "Nachts Im Museum", but I use the correct title in tmm.
    I am not using tmm and my movies are correctly showing. The problem is thereforemore likely related to tmm. Debug logs are required for further analysis.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    my problem is that mp do not accept changes in tmm and does not refresh the db
    Once a video file is imported into the db it will stay untouched to improve speed. This is fine as you normally prepare the video one time only (means add .nfo and fanart one time and leave it untouched "forever"). Imagine every 20.000 of my series episodes needs to be rescanned every time I add a new episode to the source, a nightmare...

If you do changes in the .nfo file you need to manually rescan the video. This is not done with the "normal" refresh of the source. Since MP 2.2 there is an option to rescan a video in the context menu. You also can remove the video (or the whole source) from db refresh the source (if not removed completely) and add the video/source again. Now the new data will be scanned into the db...

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the problem with the re-scan of a single video from the context menu is, that although one has set strictly offline resources in the media library settings, MP2 still retrieves data from online sources. Which may fail again and also may not be desirable, at least not for me.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    When using the List Layout for Argus TV Recorded TV the page count is above the bottom information bar, refer to attached...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom