MP 2.2 - Where can I find Movies NOT imported (and why??) ? | Page 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Jean-Christophe, April 8, 2019.

1. cbr954rr

cbr954rr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I have good experience with tinymediamanager, my problem is that mp do not accept changes in tmm and does not refresh the db. Also MP 2 use growriting for every word in the movie title, thats horrible to read like for a movie with the title "Nachts im Museum" MP shows the title as "Nachts Im Museum", but I use the correct title in tmm.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I am not using tmm and my movies are correctly showing. The problem is thereforemore likely related to tmm. Debug logs are required for further analysis.

4. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    Once a video file is imported into the db it will stay untouched to improve speed. This is fine as you normally prepare the video one time only (means add .nfo and fanart one time and leave it untouched "forever"). Imagine every 20.000 of my series episodes needs to be rescanned every time I add a new episode to the source, a nightmare...

If you do changes in the .nfo file you need to manually rescan the video. This is not done with the "normal" refresh of the source. Since MP 2.2 there is an option to rescan a video in the context menu. You also can remove the video (or the whole source) from db refresh the source (if not removed completely) and add the video/source again. Now the new data will be scanned into the db...

5. BlueMax1916
    • Super User

BlueMax1916 Super User

Ratings:
    +123 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

the problem with the re-scan of a single video from the context menu is, that although one has set strictly offline resources in the media library settings, MP2 still retrieves data from online sources. Which may fail again and also may not be desirable, at least not for me.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!