MP 2.2 - Where can I find Movies NOT imported (and why??) ? (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Germany Germany
Country flag
I have good experience with tinymediamanager, my problem is that mp do not accept changes in tmm and does not refresh the db. Also MP 2 use growriting for every word in the movie title, thats horrible to read like for a movie with the title "Nachts im Museum" MP shows the title as "Nachts Im Museum", but I use the correct title in tmm.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    ith the title "Nachts im Museum" MP shows the title as "Nachts Im Museum", but I use the correct title in tmm.
    I am not using tmm and my movies are correctly showing. The problem is thereforemore likely related to tmm. Debug logs are required for further analysis.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    my problem is that mp do not accept changes in tmm and does not refresh the db
    Once a video file is imported into the db it will stay untouched to improve speed. This is fine as you normally prepare the video one time only (means add .nfo and fanart one time and leave it untouched "forever"). Imagine every 20.000 of my series episodes needs to be rescanned every time I add a new episode to the source, a nightmare...

If you do changes in the .nfo file you need to manually rescan the video. This is not done with the "normal" refresh of the source. Since MP 2.2 there is an option to rescan a video in the context menu. You also can remove the video (or the whole source) from db refresh the source (if not removed completely) and add the video/source again. Now the new data will be scanned into the db...

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,

the problem with the re-scan of a single video from the context menu is, that although one has set strictly offline resources in the media library settings, MP2 still retrieves data from online sources. Which may fail again and also may not be desirable, at least not for me.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    morpheus_xx [Help Me!] Where can I find source code for MPUrlSourceSplitter? Developer Discussions 3
    N [fixed] Where do I find radio programmes I have recorded MediaPortal 2 1
    J Where the heck is the Client side setup? General 2
    T [solved] Any idea where Channel 107 (DVB-T2) BBC News HD (and others!) have gone??? Installation, configuration support 12
    D Where should plugins be located on hard drive? General Support 0
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
    C where is the Online Videos plugin General Support 1
    cbr954rr [MP2-795] Where is the radio? General 4
    B [solved] Where is the satellite data now? General 10
    Tinkerer Where to go from mp 1.12? Newcomers Forum 0
    uxDesign [Question] Where are the latest sources of mpextended? MPExtended 3
    H [solved] Where is Input Manager General 1
    A Thumbnails - where are they stored Installation, configuration support 20
    J silly question: where do I add my login details!! OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 5
    C Telenet analog-to-digital switch -- manually finding and inputting DVB-C channels in Mediaportal2 General 0
    W Not finding/matching new series - thetvdb issue? My TVSeries 3
    F [solved] Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service after upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 General 2
    joecrow [solved] Can't find Series (Animals with Cameras) My TVSeries 4
    Terra [solved] MP TV Server cannot find any channels anymore, DVB viewer works Installation, configuration support 8
    P Mediaportal 2 client can't find TV server General 3
    O [solved] Cannot find TV DVB-T2 channels (TBS-6281SE) Newcomers Forum 7
    DHosein 1.25 Upgrade and movie covers/backdrops General Support 9
    doskabouter [Help Me!] Playback of iTunes Movie Trailers Developer Discussions 0
    D [solved] Movie artwork download stopped working Submit: Bug Reports 9
    G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2