MP-TVSeries v2.3.3589 Stable Release [29-Oct-09] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Mashenden, tvseries has nothing to do with "recording" stuff whatsoever. I think you misunderstand.

The plugin only organizes whatever TV-Series you already have (as a file), it doesn't have anything to do with acquiring said series (recording, downloading, etc.). That is for other plug-ins (like the build in TV Plug in of MP) to figure out.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Mashenden, tvseries has nothing to do with "recording" stuff whatsoever. I think you misunderstand.

The plugin only organizes whatever TV-Series you already have (as a file), it doesn't have anything to do with acquiring said series (recording, downloading, etc.). That is for other plug-ins (like the build in TV Plug in of MP) to figure out.

That is what I suspected. My follow up point was that it would be a great enhancement, no? WebEPG seemingly is not up to par.

Zapp

Portal Member
    November 14, 2007
    South-West
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

Being from Sweden it so happens that I have both English/American and Swedish TV-Series in my collection.
    On some of these series I'd like to have the Swedish titles/fan art/information on and on others I'd like to have in English titles/fan art/information.
    Is this at all possible and if so how do I configure it?

/Jonas...

Ok, so nobody knows the answer to this one then.

Could I then humbly ask for this feature to be implemented in this great plug-in?

/Jonas...

Issue 212 - mptvseries - support for multiple languages (at the same time) - Project Hosting on Google Code

Thanks Damien, I'll stay tuned then...

/Jonas...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Whenever TVSeries is unable to download a cover/banner successfully I end up with an incomplete or corrupt image. Unfortunately I do not have a separate HTPC for MP, so I am constantly loading and unloading MP. As I am not aware that TVSeries is still downloading an image, it gets corrupted.

Whenever I access the series with the bad image in TVSeries I get an error in error.log (and this is the only error message I can find). No error is reported in MP-TVSeries.log:
    Code:
    [ERROR][AsyncImageResource.setFilenameWorker]: TextureManager: LoadGraphic - invalid thumb(C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\Californication\-langen-graphical/80349-g3.jpg)

When this occurs, I cannnot play any videos, I get a codec error on all files. However, once I restart MP the files all play perfectly. Also, sometimes, when I get this error, I cannot access the action menu (hidden/sliding menu), until I access another window.

I don't think this is a bug in TV-Series, since this can also happen with the MovingPictures plugin. However, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or if you are familiar with it Damien?

Would it be possible for TV-Series to detect invalid thumbs and redownload them? That would save me hunting through thousands of images to find the culprit every time!

If this makes any sense, let me know and I can add an issue to the Tracker.

Thanks

EDIT: BTW, this occurs in all skins I have tested including Blue3.

decorativeed

Portal Member
    November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I like the fact that you can now import/export Parsing Expressions and String Replacements, but in the next version is it possible to add that function to Import Paths? It's quite time consuming to do this if you have lots of series in their own folder, especially as when you browse for a folder it does not remember the last location you looked in.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I like the fact that you can now import/export Parsing Expressions and String Replacements, but in the next version is it possible to add that function to Import Paths? It's quite time consuming to do this if you have lots of series in their own folder, especially as when you browse for a folder it does not remember the last location you looked in.

Its possible, please add it to out tracker as an enhancement request.

Thanks

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    As many other TV-series maniacs I simply think this plugin is amazing. Most works "out of the box" but I've found one issue I'd like to get resolved...

How you find out what way a certain series is so called "parsed" for import of info from thetvdb.com?

I have an issue importing Band Of Brothers.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How do you find out what way a certain series is "parsed" for import
    In configuration, underneath the Import Path entries you will see a grid view that can be refreshed. It will populate all the fields the plugin parses from your filenames.

GettingStarted with MP-TVSeries - [Parsing]

zappomax

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I just installed this nice plugin following exactly the guide but when I start the plugin in MP no any images appears. Even after doing the import in "TV Series Configuration" if I check "Dettails" no images appears in the 2 boxes on the high right.
    After the "Import" I checked the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dati applicazioni\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners and in any related series folder, there are lots of fake immages files (all 43byte).
    Help!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom