MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (2 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have some issues downloading artwork for a few of my shows. Mostly Season and Series posters show "Download failed". For Angel and Buffy The Vampire Slayer this happens for example. In the database of MP TV-Series for these shows, .jpg files are referenced that do not exist. If I remove these shows from the database and re-scrape, would that solve the issue, or is this happening because of what's happening with the TVDB's API right now?

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm not sure @emphatic, have you tried manually downloading via the Artwork Chooser GUI or changing to a different artwork provider?

I think the artwork chooser does some cleanup of artwork that does not exist in the database if you open the GUI up (can't remember the exact details on that without review of the code), you can try that first, but yes you should be able to manually cleanup yourself and potentially fix the issue.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've tried manually downloading via the Artwork Chooser GUI, all of the available providers. "Download failed". I'll try to remove the shows from the database and re-import.

Edit: When re-importing, logs are showing a lot of:

[INFO][14]: Unable to connect to 'https://thetvdb.com/api/GetRatingsForUser.php?apikey=<apikey>&accountid=92188E623E528E3B&seriesid=79126'. Error = 'Remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden'

Seems like the API is a likely culprit.

Cheers
    Emph

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks @emphatic, after you delete the shows from the database, you can also try blow away the cache for the above series IDs in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MP-TVSeries\Cache, this is just in case the cache is not being updated for whatever reason as it may hold references to online resources that no longer exist.

NB: if you haven't already deleted the shows, there are some shortcut links in the config UI, which when you select the show which can take you to the respective cache dir.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Deleting the shows from the database seems to have worked for Angel, but not for Buffy. I will check the cache removal and try again tomorrow. Thanks!

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I kinda had to jump through hoops to get posters working for Buffy. Here are my findings.

1. If no posters exist (or maybe it's because of the missing folder structure in the show's artwork folder?), the Artwork chooser refuses to download posters
    2. If I manually download 1 poster using the shortcuts in the backend GUI and place it in the correct folder in the artwork folder, ALL posters for that show can be downloaded and chosen.

Hopefully, this is a bug within the artwork chooser? If you need logs, I can try to fix other shows with missing posters tomorrow.
    Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah any logs you have where it is not working may help me track down the issue if it's in the GUI.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    [INFO][14]: Unable to connect to 'https://thetvdb.com/api/GetRatingsForUser.php?apikey=<apikey>&accountid=92188E623E528E3B&seriesid=79126'. Error = 'Remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden'
    I don't believe the Ratings / Favourites API worked again after changes at the beginning of year. Im not sure if it is possible anymore from the v1 API, although Im not 100% sure on that. You can remove your account ID from the config to prevent those errors (hasn't been working for 11+ months).

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Attached a log of both working and not working downloads. I hope this is helpful.

Emph

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries.log
      124.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom