MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (4 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Don't worry guys, I won't let the plugin die esp. with all the time and effort I have put into it, and the fact I still use it religiously :)

The timing is not good though, the end of life for the older API's seems to be end of March 2021 from what I have read, and between now and then I have many things on my plate that are higher priority (as well as try to enjoy the Australian summer after this hell of a year).

What I can probably do initially, is port to themoviedb.org API and then later look at implementing support for multiple data providers. If it becomes too troublesome to rip the old v1 API out from the importer and swap with tmdb, I just have to start working on the multiple data provider solution earlier (with at least one provider to start with).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I use the IMDB+ plugin - would that be impacted?

That's the one I maintain, and is meant for Moving-Pictures plugin not MP-TVSeries.

Gets confusing though because @ltfearme is behind both those, so where on earth he finds the time I have no idea.

Main source of data used in IMDb+ is imdb.com and originally designed to be supplemented by RottenTomatoes for their much better scoring (doesn't work as well recently as they don't make it easy to obtain an API key), but also a few others (depending on language/setting) hence why the scraper-name went from IMDb+RT to IMDb+, but nothing connected to TheTVdB.com, so totally safe.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ajs, help me find a Russian or Ukrainian movie provider that exposes an IMDb tt-ID search to map it to their movie IDs, and I can easily add them to IMDb+ as I have done for other languages.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    And there are none. Therefore, for Russian speakers, one output, or TVDB or TMDB. Or through crutches KinoPoisk. :(

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    And there are none. Therefore, for Russian speakers, one output, or TVDB or TMDB. Or through crutches KinoPoisk. :(

KinoPoisk should be easy to write a dedicated scraper for if none exists, and they appear to be a good source for Russian fanart then for you. Only know how to do that for Moving-Pictures though, unless a scraper-script system is added to MP-TVSeries.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    IMHO better MyVideo scrapper system, not the same as in MovPics, MyVideo - simple, efficient and flexible. :)
    Kinopoisk not have API and Kinorium to (only payed) :(

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMHO better MyVideo scrapper system, not the same as in MovPics, MyVideo - simple, efficient and flexible. :)
    Kinopoisk not have API and Kinorium to (only payed) :(

It would be a scraper one, no need for API, the same way IMDb+ scrapes imdb.com as if it was a browser. Would take me like 30-minutes if the Russian language aspect wasn't complicating it, so probably 1-to-2-hours. I'll see what I can do, and you can decide for yourself. I've got some boring meetings next week, so perfect timing.

They offer their own rating, and IMDb rating, which one do you prefer? Or would you like the average between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom