MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (2 Viewers)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Anyone else think this is 'cos they are seeing a massive loss of users, and backlash...?
    Good that they are offering a free license though!

szsori

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Anyone else think this is 'cos they are seeing a massive loss of users, and backlash...?
    Good that they are offering a free license though!
    Other than losing Trakt, we haven't lost any API projects that we're aware of. We've had a 5% drop in data contributions, which may be seasonal or Covid-related. And we offered many projects free licenses from the start.

szsori

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi, we are also have a similar plugin in version 2 of MediaPortal. Does the same apply for that plugin or would it need a separate key?
    The same applies for that. Go ahead and sign up for it, making sure you mention MediaPortal in the name or description and we'll be sure to approve it. As with the other plugin, if you can give attribution in some way it would be appreciated.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello @ltfearme. I'm the founder and currently lead developer of TheTVDB. I wanted to eliminate some confusion and reach out to you with an offer. Well over 95% of our API users that had free access to the legacy APIs will continue to have free access to the new one, without needing a subscription. Some of that is the result of commercial licensing deals (as with Plex) and some is the result of us offering free or nearly-free attribution access, primarily to systems like Kodi, Sonarr, etc. Subscriptions will be focused entirely almost on commercial projects that would rather have their users pay for access than for them to work out licensing terms directly. This was created specifically for systems like VideoStation, since Synology doesn't want to put any resources behind their support for it.

So all that said, we're happy to offer a free license to you. Had I seen it come through our API key approvals I would have approved it outright. I know attribution is difficult in plugins, so it's up to you how to determine if that's possible. Perhaps update the first post in this thread saying "TV data provided by TheTVDB. Please consider supporting them." with a link to our subscription page? Again, that's not a requirement, just a request.

If you'd like to get a v4 API key so you can start making use of the updated API, please create a new API key on our site and choose "Negotiated Contract". Once we see it come through we can just approve it. If you've already started moving code to TMDB I understand as well, and wish you the best. My offer will remain open so you can change your mind at any point. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm happy to add you to our Slack, or you can email me directly (I can PM you my work email).

Thanks, and have a good week!

edit: Fun edit. @barneh liked this and I notice they have the exact same avatar that I use on Slack and Steam. Weird coincidence.
    Hahahaha... The-Mega-man-generation is large [emoji3531]

Skickat från min HD1913 via Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom