MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (9 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Only with MP1
    So it is appropriate for the API key to be owned by the MediaPortal product, and not by one of the individuals who happens at the moment to support a plugin, but who may in the future move on to other things.

The API key should belong to the product (MediaPortal), and not to the individual.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think @ltfearme is adressed by TVDB as the lead developer of the most important and most widely used (and the best i.m.h.o.) plugins for Mediaportal. And rightly so. The plugins TVSeries and Moving Pictures are the plugins that need access to the TVDB API.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    So it is appropriate for the API key to be owned by the MediaPortal product, and not by one of the individuals who happens at the moment to support a plugin, but who may in the future move on to other things.

The API key should belong to the product (MediaPortal), and not to the individual.

The owner/developer of MP-TVSeries will get an API key for their MP-TVSeries plugin, and MediaPortal developers/team can get their own key. The response from TheTVdB was quite clear on this if you read all the responses.

szsori

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does the TVSeries plugin work with other products?
    Perhaps it works with WMC, NextPvr, or Kodi?

We're working with Kodi separately on a plugin. TheTVDB is actually writing the plugin ourselves in order to improve long-term support.

The owner/developer of MP-TVSeries will get an API key for their MP-TVSeries plugin, and MediaPortal developers/team can get their own key. The response from TheTVdB was quite clear on this if you read all the responses.

Yeah, if MediaPortal wants their own API key I'll approve that as well. Individual plugins shouldn't be sharing API keys, though, and that's what would happen if we issued only a MediaPortal-level key.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    We're working with Kodi separately on a plugin. TheTVDB is actually writing the plugin ourselves in order to improve long-term support.

@ltfearme will gladly add anybody from your team as a contributor to as it is just not easy to navigate work/life sometimes for a rewrite like this to add support for TheTVdB API v4 versus the normal small code commits to fix the occasional bug here and there. Perhaps it might even be a simple copy-n-paste for large chunks of the Kodi plugin code.

Totally aware this is a moon-shot asking :whistle: as your own team is probably overworked, but figured it is worth asking :D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For some reason, The Blacklist episodes are being removed from my database. The TVDB shows the episode info online, is this a scraping issue? This has happened for a couple of weeks now, I just finally had time to save the logs and post them.

Logs attached.
    Emph

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries (2).log
      374.4 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @emphatic, can you use the config tool to browse to the blacklist API Cache Dir and delete it, then re-run the import to see if it was stale cache data vs online api data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom