MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (3 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Everything can be done, and everything is within the power of the programmer.
    It is open source, so the power is in reach of everybody.

Maybe somebody will get lucky and be stuck at home bored for some reason, so then instead of watching TV:

1. Learn C# | Free tutorials, courses, videos, and more | .NET
    2. GitHub - damienhaynes/mptvseries: MP-TVSeries is a popular TV Series plug-in for MediaPortal, an open-source media center application. It focuses on managing the user's TV Series library with minimal user interaction, allowing for a more user friendly and ease of use experience.

I'm sure @ltfearme will eventually find the time, but TheTVdB doesn't make it easy with the constant changing. You want to fix it once, and not have to do it again shortly after because another version just got pushed. Think only very recently some stability is achieved on that, and they seem to be satisfied with what I believe is v4 now, but MP-TVSeries is still on v2 if I recall, or maybe even v1. Goes to show you how long it has remained functional with all the changes occurring at TheTVdB side.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, update the TVDB stuff is priority and, can't be changed if all moves goes in the others side.
    But, what about others things like WOL I proposed ?
    My NAS stop at 11H00 pm, I'm often very glad (and also lazy) with the WOL stuff I proposed... ;)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yep, update the TVDB stuff is priority and, can't be changed if all moves goes in the others side.
    But, what about others things like WOL I proposed ?
    My NAS stop at 11H00 pm, I'm often very glad (and also lazy) with the WOL stuff I proposed... ;)
    And nobody has already created a WOL plugin for MediaPortal? That is where WOL functionality belongs, a dedicated WOL-plugin, not add it as a feature to MP-TVSeries, because then it would only benefit MP-TVSeries, and what about Moving-Pictures then?

The WOL-plugin can simply detect, you are still actively using remote after 10pm and send a wake-up magic-packet to keep your NAS awake. Maybe it can do the irritating Netflix question "Are you still watching?".

1641681654118.png

If you still launch MediaPortal, then it is easy to just fire a magic-packet manually via batch-script. Or allocate a custom button on your remote to do so in the background. Because what if at 11:45 you want to check what to watch tomorrow, but not wake the NAS up? Perhaps taking the action manually might be preferred. Or if you love automation then look into Home Automation methods where the house knows if somebody is in the room and to keep the NAS awake. I've got that simplified with garage-door sensors mounted below my recliner seats for example.

One example: WOL-PowerManager

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    not add it as a feature to MP-TVSeries, because then it would only benefit MP-TVSeries, and what about Moving-Pictures then?
    It already exist in MyVideos internal MP plugin and in the same spirit, it can be added to Moving-Pictures too.
    and send a wake-up magic-packet to keep your NAS awake
    The shut down setting are in NAS OS then, the shut down can't be avoided, with around 2 minutes for NAS restart (depending on NAS).

Because what if at 11:45 you want to check what to watch tomorrow, but not wake the NAS up?
    The NAS doesn't wake up until played then, you can see videos series lists without problem.
    Explanation for "how it works" can be found here
    Nice find but, even if this plugin would be available somewhere, here, wake up would be each time plugin entered, even if video (or music,...) would not be played...

BTW, nice cat !!! :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have had the MP- TV Series plugin for many years but do not import very much or very often. For import I have always had to manually enter series, name, season and episode data into the importer despite using a filename including the season and episode and locating it in a folder of the series/season name which I believe should work automatically :unsure:( and from memory that does work in Moving Pictures). If I add the series name to the file name then the importer does pick up everything automatically. see attached screenshots.
    What am I doing wrong???

ser1.jpgser2.jpg

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just FYI: I only use the followinng naming: seriesname-season numberxepisode number, e.g. Star Trek Picard-1x4.
    As this is one of the defaults, it always works.
    Keeps the filename(s) short and clear - and ofc each series is in its own folder (for the example above folder name is Star Trek Picard) ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just FYI: I only use the followinng naming: seriesname[COLOR=%s]-[/COLOR]season number[COLOR=%s]x[/COLOR]episode number, e.g. Star Trek Picard-1x4.
    I absolutely agree that that works but it does become very tiresome to have to name each episode with the series name when it is already located in a folder of the series name and sub folder of the season. Why doesn't it pick up the series and season from the folders, Moving Pictures does? I have no problem keeping it short and clear but having to include the series name in the filename is not doing that, the episode name is not relevant in the examples I posted it just comes with the download and is unnecessary the 3 x 2 or S03_E02 is enough but without the series name (which does not get included in the downloaded file) in the filename neither work!:(

Last edited:

DHosein

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I've always just managed with the folder named for the series, and then naming the episodes as S01E01 and so on.

It is important to name the folder exactly the same as the series appears in TVDB to ensure a match, but other than that you shouldn't need to add the series name to each episode. Although you might 'want' to anyway in case you ever drop one in the wrong folder and need to figure out where it should be.

I think maybe in your file structure, having the season subfolder and then the episode name in the filename is confusing the import. It's looking for a series called 'Season 3' or for one matching the episode name.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      21.3 KB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I

I think maybe in your file structure, having the season subfolder and then the episode name in the filename is confusing the import. It's looking for a series called 'Season 3' or for one matching the episode name.
    Thanks for your response, I have tried the S03E01 name located in the Series name folder, as per your example and can confirm that works(with or without the episode name) however it does not when located in the "Series 3"subfolder or if I just name it E01. Looks like anything placed in a subfolder will only work if the filename includes the series name despite enabling the setting that should allow the importer to use the upper folder name as the Series Name, see screenshot bvelow. Looks like a bug to me!

ser3.jpg

Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Since "The Renamer" became no more, I've been renaming manually. Usually finding the recent episode name on IMDB, or sometimes, if lucky, embedded in the filename.
    ie ...
    Wednesday/Wednesday Season 01/Wednesday - S01E01 - Wednesdays Child is Full of Woe.mkv

Haven't had issues with matching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom