MP & Vista (2 Viewers)

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How's MP performing under Vista? Is it worth while switching to Vista?

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks, guy's.
    Looks like it's time to fork some $$$ for a Vista version.

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I’ve got my Server running with XP-pro, a laptop with XP-pro as a TV client and my main/gaming PC running as a client with Vista home-pre (x64).

If you’re just going to run it as a standalone media PC i would stick with XP. I personal see no need to send the money on vista just for media portal (even though it is such a great program)

Salle

Portal Member
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It works fine. I have two problems though. I get a very small flickering in the upper and lower edge of the screen while watching movies or tv, I've tried different codecs same problem (intel gma950 gcard). When I start a dvdmovie MP minimizes to the system tray and I have to shut it down and restart it to get it to work. I've disabled auto start...

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I think the main question is "Is there any reason to buy Vista if you already have MP on XP running ok?". So the hibernate times are faster. Anything else?

I think all my MP machines will be on XP for a year or two more...

Salle

Portal Member
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think the main question is "Is there any reason to buy Vista if you already have MP on XP running ok?". So the hibernate times are faster. Anything else?

I think all my MP machines will be on XP for a year or two more...

Just the flashier look nothing more...

Hemulen

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Since Vista needs more memory and recources why use it at all for MP?

tb205gti

Portal Member
    March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hemulen: Have you actually tried Vista? Or is the extra need for ressources just something you heard on an internet forum?

My experience tells me that Vista runs better than XP on my machines..

Users who are viewing this thread