[Bug] MP2 1/17/14 Release - Focus (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry to say there is still a focus issue on startup
    Focus.jpg

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you make this screenshot locally on your desktop? Or are you connected using Remote Desktop or similar?

The task bar doesn't look transparent, like Aero is disabled.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @breese any more information? As this happens only for some users and not for others we need to find out the differences.

Please see my question above

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @morpheus_xx I think I have this figured out (well, for me at least)
    I do use TeamViewer a lot. It turns out if you log into the machine local and later also use TeamViewer to connect to it, you must completely disconnect from Teamviewer AND log off at the local machine and back on to get Aero to re-enable.
    I did this twice to verify....
    So, Focus does work properly at the local machine... :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great news! @Lehmden, I think you also experienced focus issues? Do you also use TeamViewer or similar software?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    No, I didn't use Teamviewer when getting Focus issues. With the new Build the Issue on Start seems to be gone. But I haven't got enough time now to install it on my whole infrastructure. Especially the server is busy. And as I don't have any TV at all using new build with "regular" Alpha4 Server I didn't tried to upgrade other systems yet.

The other focus issues are definitely still there. I think when you enter a screen the focus is set to the "hidden" mouse cursor not to an list or menu entry. That's why people using mouse (like you) don't encounter any focus issues...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The other focus issues are definitely still there. I think when you enter a screen the focus is set to the "hidden" mouse cursor not to an list or menu entry. That's why people using mouse (like you) don't encounter any focus issues...

Regarding this issue I modified Titanium skin this weekend, so focusing the hidden menu buttons is no longer possible. This fix is not yet included in any other build.

I think we slowly hunting down more and more of this kind of problems :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    BTW is there any way to test new SlimTV Client with MPExtended? As I can't use TVE3.5 on regular basis yet I need to run MP1 TV Server permanently. So I'm in a need for a MPE Version of the Client plugin.

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @breese , I also get this issue, and I use remote admin 3.5 to connect to my server.
    I normally just need to push the green button (launch MP) on my remote to bring the focus back.

Users who are viewing this thread