[solved] MP2 TV Logo Management (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    All three channels are already in the MP2 database.

Right, my only point with those logos was to show what my finished logos looked like.
    The general issue in the US is that each provider believes that he needs to call the same channel differently.

That's a big problem here. They also rename them on a whim, then change them back a few days later. Sometimes they don't even differentiate their channel names at all. For example I have 4 channels that are all named KLRA-CD. :( It's a constant battle here. My thinking now is that in my case, it's going to be easier to manage my logos locally due to that.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For example I have 4 channels that are all named KLRA-CD
    If you have four times the same channel name for actually different channels, it is not possible to assign different logos to each of them.

My thinking now is that in my case, it's going to be easier to manage my logos locally due to that.
    I don't think that you will be in any better situation if you handle it this way. Also your analyses and activities would remain local without benefitting the community.

They also rename them on a whim, then change them back a few days later.
    That is impossible to manage. (n) I am surprised that American TV users aren't getting loud about this.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't think that you will be in any better situation if you handle it this way. Also your analyses and activities would remain local without benefitting the community.
    Do you think it would be possible for users to manage their own aliases? That would make it easier for us to manage it ourselves.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you think it would be possible for users to manage their own aliases?
    Not really. If you want to manage things yourself, you can deactivate the automatic logo update once you have your basic setup and then subsequently create your own ones.

That said, I still don't see in what way this would lead to less work for you. But we are getting off-topic now. This discussion sould be better be held in a separate thread.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I don't see the problem, but why don't you just rename the channels accordingly after you scanned them in SetupTV? Channel names are not updated, until you scan again.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    why don't you just rename the channels accordingly after you scanned them in SetupTV? Channel names are not updated, until you scan again.
    I had the same thought. (I do this with certain channels on the DVB-T system in the UK.)

Also, when you "scan for channels" in TV Server, if you select the "Enable channel movement detection" option, TV Server will preserve your modified channel names.

Then all you need to do is create the channel logos with the names that you have chosen. Either rename the existing logo (if one exists), or create your own.

PS: I use MP1, but I don't use MP1's Logo Management plugin -- I manage the logos myself. :D

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom