[solved] MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer (4 Viewers)

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please restart your tv server pc (for clean the logs) and make a test. Upload the MPExtended and the TV Server logs for me.
    OK, so I stopped both MPExtended and TVServer, deleted everything related to MPExtended from TVServer's plugin directory, uninstalled MPExtended (got an error message that disappeared too quick to recognize), rebooted, stopped TVServer, extracted MPExtended latest beta from the ZIP file (which I did not do on the last install - I started it compressed from the ZIP), started the installer, installed MPExtended once again ...

... and now everything works as expected...

Sorry for the unconvenience and my false alert ... :)

Last edited:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    New 1.4.0 beta version is available on the Play Store.

• NEW: tablet EPG layout. You can switch to the old one if not like it.
    • NEW: ability to record current program in the internal player.
    • Bug fixes (fixed memory leak in the new EPG and the internal player).

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I added the Google Firebase SDK to last beta version of the app to get more detailed logs from crashes. Unfortunately it automatically added some high android permissions like
    • WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
    • READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
    • READ_PHONE_STATE
    I do not use them so I will try to remove it but I am not sure if it is ok. I don't want to upload the apk to the Play Store yet because there are 50+ beta testers so I do not want to break they app.

Can someone test the apk with manual install? (The test means open all screens, start play TV/recordings/movies/series, do some device rotation changes, etc., create/delete schedules, reminders). If yes, please send me a PM and I will send the apk.

Thanks for advance!!!

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... and now everything works as expected...

... not! :-(

It seems that it always works correctly when the server has booted and is already running when MPTvScheduler connects. But when I start the server via MPTvScheduler's WOL feature then it does not work.

I reproduced this behavior several times. An example can be seen in the attached logs:

at 16:18:42 the server was started after a reboot
    at 16:19:18 I started to play a recording in TVScheduler

everything went well and I finished the recording at 16:23:53.

At 16:33:56 TVServer (or MPExtended) recognized that there are no active streams ("last activity is 25.02.2017 16:23:54") and allowed standby of TVServer.

At 16:35:39 TVServer went into standby.

At 16:42:35 it was woken up by MPTVScheduler.

At 16:42:55 I started to play a recording.

At 16:45:55 TVServer enters Standby although the recording is still playing on MPTVScheduler.

Best regards
    BartManson

Update: Replaced ZIP file by *.log files.

Last edited:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I reproduced this behavior several times. An example can be seen in the attached logs:

at 16:18:42 the server was started after a reboot
    at 16:19:18 I started to play a recording in TVScheduler

everything went well and I finished the recording at 16:23:53.

At 16:33:56 TVServer (or MPExtended) recognized that there are no active streams ("last activity is 25.02.2017 16:23:54") and allowed standby of TVServer.

At 16:35:39 TVServer went into standby.

At 16:42:35 it was woken up by MPTVScheduler.

At 16:42:55 I started to play a recording.

At 16:45:55 TVServer enters Standby although the recording is still playing on MPTVScheduler.

It seems this is an MPExtended issue.

The last event from MPExtendedPowerHandler is:

[2017-02-25 16:33:56,714] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - MPExtendedPowerHandler.DisAllowShutdown: last activity is 25.02.2017 16:23:54, difference is 00:10:01.7561989, thus returning False

So the MPExtended PS plugin does not handle the standby/wakeup well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom