Music Metadata [Please Vote] (1 Viewer)

What music metadata are you interested in?

• Total voters

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not quite metadata I know but I could not think of a better word.

I just want to see what the interest level is around the various things that can be downloaded / added to the music side of things

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i tick everything except artist logo.

I'm mostly interested stuff that does auto suggestions and tracks what i like etc...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All of them ;-) Except missing Album Art as I have downloaded all of that myself.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Yes I've been watching that thread. I'm not very clued up with what the latest music suggestion facilities are available. I just know that both pandora and spotify do a good job. Most of my new music recommendations come from youtube channels or the suggested videos on the right side.

Back to metadata.

I'd like to see support for an unlimited number of backdrops (fanart).

Metadata should also include some way of linking music files to music videos either online or via mvcentral.
    I'd like to be able to have a playlist playing then choose the option of music video substitution. When the playlist reaches a track that has a music video available then the video will be shown instead, then straight back into the next song on the playlist.

I'd like to see good lyrics support, and to have LRC lyrics automatically available to the skin in now playing video. I would want an LRC control for the prev line, the current line, +the two future lines of LRC lyric.

I'd like to have access to all the metadata of the current track as well as the next track (eg. I can use next track's fanart in the skin)

Offtopic (but on a rant)
    I should be able to copy playlists / favorite tracks / random selection of random favourite tracks + suggested tracks) onto a usb drive (ie mp3 player) from within mp as well as mp exporting the playlist. So I can just plug my mp3 player into the HTPC and click auto create new playlist, wait 5 minutes and unplug it.

EDIT: Also would like a field for youtube music video as there are some online data sources, eg. last.fm and theaudiodb.com that link indivudual tracks <-> youtube music videos. eg. http://www.theaudiodb.com/track/32756203

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread