Music Screen - Does anyone have a good one? (1 Viewer)

dwtk

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there thanks for the reply .. I have edited the files so fanart location is for English based XP Machines..

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\Music

you must also have the view on 'share' also otherwise you wont see the Xml Files and background.. ( no need to clear cashe)

.. One question though . How do I name my fanart files so it appears for each artist. I cant seem to get it to come up

eg #play.current.artist.png

but otherwise great Job

Attachments

• mod music2.rar
    30.6 KB

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey can you guys recommend any good sources for Music fanart.. Also has any one considered writing a program to scrape for music fanart ... Thanks

donkarlos

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
Wiesloch
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello dwtk,
Thank you for the flowers! the compliment goes to you back.

when it comes to the pics, I use google image search. I found all my pics with it. Somtimes I had to edit some pics, but it´s worth it.

The images must be exactly under the name of the artist (Mp3tag:Artist, (German:Interpret)) stores are. (Do not use the filename!)

You can view and change the MP3 performers(Interpred) with "MPTagThat"

Note: google is your (my) friend.

Don

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is another way to get all the fan art pictures
    Goto MP Config -> Process plugins -> Audioscrobber
    Enable plugin
    Load plugin config -> use the scraper to download artist jpgs for all your music in your database
    Goto C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists
    You will find .jpg for all artists
    Then use a batch converter to convert them all to .png files

You get two files Black Eyed Peas.jpg (Small image) and Black Eyed PeasL.jpg (Large image)
    You'd have to change
    <texture>\FanArt\Music\#Play.Current.Artist.png</texture>
    to <texture>\FanArt\Music\#Play.Current.ArtistL.png</texture>
    So it uses the large image

I havn't tried this myself, but presumably it should work.

garyday

Portal Member
    March 1, 2006
    Dubai
    Home Country
    MediaStream Updated Video Screen

Guys,
    This was bugging the hell out of me, I love MP but almost switched to XBMC because the mediastream music screen really sucked, so I spent a couple of hours hacking it..
    (BTW this hack is for MediaStream not StreamedMP, I replied to the wrong, section .. BUT it should give you an
    idea of which files to hack and how to do it! ... my bad I had to edit this post)...

Here's what you have to do.

First goto MP Config and make a new music view, make it look like this:
    attachment.php

This sets up a simple view, show me ALL albums (ordered by artist) in a icon mode and then when i click into an album it shows me a track listing ordered by track.. (set this up as you like, but don't use the grouping function as this sucks)..

Then I modified the following files.
    common.window.xml
    common.facade.music.xml
    common.facade.music.noactionmenu.xml

Here's what I added to each file:

Common.window.xml
    I added an additional image and text at the top of the screen which shows the selected item (handy when you see the whole screen)

common.facade.music xmls
    I extended the width of the icons screen, now can can get 10x5 albums on the screen at the same time as can be seen below
    You can see that the "Selected item" is displayed, this also now shows up in other screen (like moving pictures) but i don't see that as a bad thing anyway.. When you have so many CD's on the screen, this makes it easy to see where you are, even though when you move the images zooms so you can see that you have changed..

Menu on the right still works as well .. Any questions, drop me an email garysday at gmail dot com.

attachment.php

Cheers

Gary

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
      Picture 1.png
      68.2 KB
    • Picture 2.jpg
      Picture 2.jpg
      289.7 KB
    • common.facade.music.noactionmenu.xml
      30.7 KB
    • common.facade.music.xml
      30.7 KB
    • common.window.xml
      30.6 KB

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Garyday - that looks real nice!

It's not suitable for me cause a) I've got too much music, b) I need to find albums via artist, ie have a list of artists to select, then have the albums come up. Currently I just use filmstrip view for the albums

I really like your wall of albums design, though. Guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. :(

Anyway, I'm quite curious about fanart. Have it working great in Moving Pictures and TV-Series, so would love to get it going for music aswell, but I'd really like it to be automatic. More research is needed, methinks.

:)

garyday

Portal Member
    March 1, 2006
    Dubai
    Home Country
    LLoyd, you may well be able to do this .. IF I am correct in thinking, MP can simply use folder.jpg as the image for that given folder.

So, if you set up a view like i had before but with

artist
    album
    track

again, with no grouping

Then inside each artist folder you have a folder.jpg which is a picture of that artist, then you should be able to do such a thing.

BTW, if you take the modified files, you can use them without the new view, it works on the share view too.. then you just need to ensure
    that each artist has a folder.jpg file.. this will work for sure..

G

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi!

is there a way of making the Fanart visible without switching to folder view? Because m folders are all lokated on a NAS and it takes ages to be able to browse them....

cheers

joystick

digmaster

Portal Member
    September 7, 2009
    Amsterdam, NL
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi there thanks for the reply .. I have edited the files so fanart location is for English based XP Machines..

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\Music

you must also have the view on 'share' also otherwise you wont see the Xml Files and background.. ( no need to clear cashe)

.. One question though . How do I name my fanart files so it appears for each artist. I cant seem to get it to come up

eg #play.current.artist.png

but otherwise great Job

Nice work guys! But how can you get the image to display the ALBUM artist. For example, I'm listening to Air, fan art is displayed correctly. But the next song is from Air/Beth Hirsh, fan art disappears and never comes back! I've got far too much music from multiple artists to even think about copying and renaming my images

I've tried various tags, but just can't get anything to work.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread