[confirm] Music Visualisation Not Working (1 Viewer)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
Hi,

Music visualisations not working. No matter which I select the same one appears and is VERY low quality. Logs attached. Yes I have tried latest audiovis version but downgraded incase that was the issue.

Cheers,
Colin

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    No issues here (and 0 errors in your logs):
    vis.JPG
    Page Up/Down for switching vis when in NowPlaying is also working fine.

How did you configure it?

upload_2014-7-2_10-53-6.png

upload_2014-7-2_10-53-16.png

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Country flag
    Sonique rabbit hole doesn't work (freezes on full screen after about 2 seconds). Page up/down cycles through with other sonique and Bassbox visulatisations working ok.

If I select a track to play then go to now playing, the first time I enter now playing the album art is missing and the vis will not start. If I press x fullscreen I get the vis, but still always freezes on rabbit hole vis. When I press x to exit fullscreen I get the vis but doesn't cycle through album art.

This all worked fine before.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Sonique rabbit hole doesn't work (freezes on full screen after about 2 seconds). Page up/down cycles through with other sonique and Bassbox visulatisations working ok.
    So it IS working, but only Sonique Rabbit Hole is causing issues. Might very well be a bad vis package in the plugin then. Please report to the plugin owner.

If I select a track to play then go to now playing, the first time I enter now playing the album art is missing and the vis will not start. If I press x fullscreen I get the vis, but still always freezes on rabbit hole vis. When I press x to exit fullscreen I get the vis but doesn't cycle through album art.
    Correct, that's normal behaviour. You need to press X on keyboard to toggle between NowPlaying and Fullscreen Visualization.
    No clue on the album cover, is it tagged properly?
    I see visualisation instead of the cover on NowPlaying:
    vis.JPG

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Country flag
    So it IS working, but only Sonique Rabbit Hole is causing issues. Might very well be a bad vis package in the plugin then. Please report to the plugin owner.

Correct, that's normal behaviour. You need to press X on keyboard to toggle between NowPlaying and Fullscreen Visualization.
    No clue on the album cover, is it tagged properly?
    I see visualisation instead of the cover on NowPlaying:
    View attachment 152242
    Yes I know pressing X is normal. When I first go into now playing there is no cover displayed (just empty cover logo). This is not normal, also no vis either is small preview area where cover is. Historically this used to cycle between vis and album cover. My music is tagged correctly and I haven't changed music collection from this album for a LONG time, also was all ok in MP1.71.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    OK, i compared against 1.7.1 and confirmed the issue with The Rabbit Hole. It's only working for me on the cover in NowPlaying, but freezes here also after 2 seconds on Fullscreen vis, so that's an issue with the visualisation (plugin).

For the rest, 1.7.1 shows visualisation here also with 1.7.1 and no cover:
    171.JPG

If you want the cover to show up in NowPlaying, you need to uncheck the option in:
    MP Config > Music > 'Now Playing' tab > Show visualization (BASS player only)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Country flag
    I also have visualisation issues - starting in 1.7.0 I think, same issue in 1.7.1, 1.8pre and 1.8.0

Symptom - no visualisation on start of music, just missing album image, Pressing X visualisation comes up, but it is the last one alphabetically in the list [only have the Sonique set installed] which is Xoo, I've confirmed this by renaming directory, so new 'default' is WhimzicalZoomer [think is the same a sleepycol is seeing].

On 2nd machine, I have full set of visualizations, again same start issue but I do get the correct visualisation selected if it's NOT in the Sonique set, so the selection issue seems limited to Sonique.

Logs show no problem in reading my configured visualization [currently pulse1.02 ] and no errors.

Operating in full screen and cycling through visualizations works fine, it's only the selection on start.of MePo.

Cheers - J.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Country flag
    I also have visualisation issues - starting in 1.7.0 I think, same issue in 1.7.1, 1.8pre and 1.8.0

Symptom - no visualisation on start of music, just missing album image, Pressing X visualisation comes up, but it is the last one alphabetically in the list [only have the Sonique set installed] which is Xoo, I've confirmed this by renaming directory, so new 'default' is WhimzicalZoomer [think is the same a sleepycol is seeing].

On 2nd machine, I have full set of visualizations, again same start issue but I do get the correct visualisation selected if it's NOT in the Sonique set, so the selection issue seems limited to Sonique.

Logs show no problem in reading my configured visualization [currently pulse1.02 ] and no errors.

Operating in full screen and cycling through visualizations works fine, it's only the selection on start.of MePo.

Cheers - J.
    Yep exactly the same issue. I'm pretty sure this is after 1.71 as it was ok in 1.71[DOUBLEPOST=1404595381][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If you want the cover to show up in NowPlaying, you need to uncheck the option in:
    MP Config > Music > 'Now Playing' tab > Show visualization (BASS player only)
    No, it has always cycled between album cover and vis in now playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
    horned_reaper [Music] 5012: Start current music track from the beginning Improvement Suggestions 21
    horned_reaper [solved] 5012: Restart current music track General Support 13
    atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
    horned_reaper [solved] Music playback hangs General Support 58
    globaldonkey Music Database Error Listen Music 1
    joecrow Music on Headphones Listen Music 7
    2BitSculptor MP 1.23.. music stops playing General Support 6
    Sarxas What Music Are You Listening To? OffTopic 0
    Edwardfc [solved] Mp 2.2.1 Configuration Issues - Goes to Sleep while playing Music General 6
    G [fixed] [MP2-786] Party Music Player can only play playlists with less than 1000 items 2.2 Archive 7
    KlausWirn Music crash Bass crash no change to play music Installation, configuration support 2
    BlueMax1916 [confirm] Music: Every 2nd track skipped MediaPortal 2 30
    N Music player help Listen Music 4
    N How to shuffle all my music, and how to sort by album artist General 4
    R MP 2.2 client spielt audio-titel kurz an und springt dann zum nächten Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 9
    joecrow Music: Fade Out not working 1.20 Pre Release 0
    M Music playback stops after certain files 1.19 0
    E [Pending] Handling Multifile Cue Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.) 56
    X Music : WASAPI only plays one track then stops General Support 1
    T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
    Rob Hexenmeister ITV Player still not working for me OnlineVideos 2
    V Do you have to have a smart tv for it to work? Newcomers Forum 4
    M WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 0