[confirm] Music Visualisation Not Working (1 Viewer)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've noticed that setting vis to use Open GL helps with Rabbit Hole vis working and also gives better image quality (ie you can select 1024x768). However, some stability issues with exiting fullscreen seem to exist. See logs if they are any help.

Still same issue with cover art though

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @hwahrmann are you able to confirm that there should be cycling in NowPlaying (in 1.7.1) between visualisation & cover? I can't get that to work.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Need to check. Not sure tough.
    i can see no reason however, why i would show Viz in low quality in a small window.

our goal should be to have nice Viz shown in Full Screen Window only and remove it from everywhere else,
    Don't know if i find time to look at that before going on vacation

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi hwahrmann,

The cycling was certainly in before 1.7.1 so not sure which version it stopped but I noticed it now in 1.8 as not cycling/showing album art.

I do agree though, I don't see the value of showing vis in small window. Only fullscreen. Obviously Album art should be shown, but that's not working for me at the moment.

Anything to do with the warnings for VU meter etc in the logs?

Cheers,
    Colin

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Obviously Album art should be shown, but that's not working for me at the moment.
    I already gave the solution for that a few posts back >> Uncheck the 'show visualization (BASS player only)' on the NowPlaying tab, and you'll get your cover in NowPlaying and still have the X to jump to fullscreen vis.

Or are you saying that you did that and it's not working for you?

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Obviously Album art should be shown, but that's not working for me at the moment.
    I already gave the solution for that a few posts back >> Uncheck the 'show visualization (BASS player only)' on the NowPlaying tab, and you'll get your cover in NowPlaying and still have the X to jump to fullscreen vis.

Or are you saying that you did that and it's not working for you?

Please see other posts where its mentioned that it used to be the case it cycled between cover art and vis. Also, I tried unchecking the show vis in now playing and that does get the cover art back. However, when I press X I get a fullscreen vis, but not the rabbit hole I selected. Additionally, when I press X it will not exit fullscreen. I have to press ctrl+alt+del for it to regain focus back to MP but then it drops me to homescreen. See logs attached.

Something definitely has been changed/broken as this all worked perfectly in previous versions.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please see other posts where its mentioned that it used to be the case it cycled between cover art and vis.
    Yeah, i get that, but i thought we were past that discussion, since you said last night:
    I do agree though, I don't see the value of showing vis in small window. Only fullscreen. Obviously Album art should be shown, but that's not working for me at the moment.
    So you agree that you don't need to see the vis (which is probably how we're going to fix this, by simply disabling cycling of vis & cover in NowPlaying). You don't mind missing the vis in cover window, but you want the albumcover to show up in NowPlaying, so just use the solution provided, and you have the cover showing in NowPlaying :)

As we've already determined, the RabbitHole Visualization is giving me problems also which means we probably have a faulty visualization (or the configuration isn't perfect), so the provider of the visualization package should fix that. Just change the default visualization to another then RabbitHole and test the toggle between NowPlaying & Fullscreen visualization, and you'll see it should work fine (it does here after testing).

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Please see other posts where its mentioned that it used to be the case it cycled between cover art and vis.
    Yeah, i get that, but i thought we were past that discussion, since you said last night:
    So you agree that you don't need to see the vis (which is probably how we're going to fix this, by simply disabling cycling of vis & cover in NowPlaying). You don't mind missing the vis in cover window, but you want the albumcover to show up in NowPlaying, so just use the solution provided, and you have the cover showing in NowPlaying :)

As we've already determined, the RabbitHole Visualization is giving me problems also which means we probably have a faulty visualization (or the configuration isn't perfect), so the provider of the visualization package should fix that. Just change the default visualization to another then RabbitHole and test the toggle between NowPlaying & Fullscreen visualization, and you'll see it should work fine (it does here after testing).

Hi,

I'm not sure you understand, the reason I was talking about the vis cycling was to emphasize that something must have been changed?

Also, there is an issue that when I go full screen the incorrect vis gets showed. This was also covered in an earlier post by JimCatMP.

As an end user I'm reporting an issue, confirmed by another user. Something has changed and its not the vis as it all worked before.

I get the feeling feedback is not welcomed.

Cheers,
    Colin

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I get the feeling feedback is not welcomed.
    Well, if that was the case, then i wouldn't have spend time on replying would i? ;)
    So let's try again, because i think you're mixing up some things, since we have both MP core functionality and a plugin that supplies the VisPackages (which are 2 separate things!).

I'm not sure you understand, the reason I was talking about the vis cycling was to emphasize that something must have been changed?
    Yeah, that i understand, but the last change on visualizations was done in 1.8 Pre Release:
    MP1-4379 - 'Flickering' visualization when switching sections
    And this is only a cosmetic UI change which prevents a flicker when switching screens.

So what should we do if we can't reproduce it?
    You also agreed (in this thread) that it's pointless to show visualization in the cover window, so the cycling isn't an issue anymore for me. That it did cycle before (as you mentioned) isn't imported anymore, since it won't be fixed (after all, we all agreed that it's a bit useless to show the visualization on the cover window, right?)

So that leaves us with the issue you and JimCatMP seem to have:
    Also, there is an issue that when I go full screen the incorrect vis gets showed. This was also covered in an earlier post by JimCatMP.
    I just tested this again, and i still can't reproduce this with MP 1.8 Final and the latest AudioVisPackage (1.0.3.0). So if it works on my system, why doesn't it on yours (and JimCatMPs)?? I doubt it's hardware related (but could be), so maybe a setting? What AudioVisPackage are you using, since there have been issues with previous packages.

Like i said: we're definitely open for feedback, but if i (we) can't reproduce a problem it will be impossible for us to fix it.
    Hope the above explains a bit better (y)

Logs show no problem in reading my configured visualization [currently pulse1.02 ] and no errors.
    What vis package are you running, because i can't find that vis in the latest package.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Latest 1.0.3.0 and the hardware is entirely different on both systems.

As you can't reproduce problem did make me wonder, so I've just wiped MePo off system [full clean up], reinstalled & reset and still same issue with selection of visualization, the last visualization alphabetically in Sonique is selected.

Pulse 1.02 - c:/Program Files (x86)/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/MusicPlayer/plugins/visualizations/Sonique/Pulse

Contains Pulse1.02.svp & Pulse1.02.txt

I also just uninstalled [it's removed] and reinstalled visualization package [was wondering if I had some hang over from previous install...].

Cleaned all logs, configured music for Pulse, started MP & select track.

Music starts, switch to full screen and visualzation is Soniquq Xoo - alphabetically, last in directory list. Page up and Page down, get expected visualizations from directory listing - it's problem ONLY at 1st reading of directory.

Logs attached - error log IS empty, so not included.

I'll try later on machine that has NEVER has any visualization or MePo installed - it could be something bizarre from previous install of something that is problem and not directly MePo or Vis package:)

TTFN - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread