My Films 5.1 released (19.09.2011) - V5.1.0.1468 (MP 1.2.0) (1 Viewer)

bkv

Portal Member
February 27, 2010
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: MyFilms 5.0.1 beta 2 released (09.08.2011) - V5.0.1.1286 (MP

Hi bkv,
normally it is no problem having the catalog on a network (= remote ) drive - this is regulary used for multi user environments.
Thanks for posting files - I made setup with your config and DB here and unfortunately again could not reproduce the problem.

So 2 more things to hopefully "catch" the problem:
1.) Could you please copy your catalog file/directory to a local directory and change config to point to that one - thus we can be sure that it is not network problems causing that
2.) I have sent you PM with debug files, that should give more infos about where error happens in the code. You can first do this and wait with "1" if you want for results.

send results

Attachments

• catalog - local directory.zip
    171.2 KB
  • catalog - local directory debug.zip
    433.5 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: MyFilms 5.0.1 beta 2 released (09.08.2011) - V5.0.1.1286

Hi bkv,
    normally it is no problem having the catalog on a network (= remote ) drive - this is regulary used for multi user environments.
    Thanks for posting files - I made setup with your config and DB here and unfortunately again could not reproduce the problem.

So 2 more things to hopefully "catch" the problem:
    1.) Could you please copy your catalog file/directory to a local directory and change config to point to that one - thus we can be sure that it is not network problems causing that
    2.) I have sent you PM with debug files, that should give more infos about where error happens in the code. You can first do this and wait with "1" if you want for results.

send results
    Hi bkv,
    thanks for the test results, I think we're getting closer.
    I have made some changes and sent you PM with a new ZIP.

bkv

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: MyFilms 5.0.1 beta 2 released (09.08.2011) - V5.0.1.1

Hi bkv,

Everything works. For sure I send logs.

I have one request. In MyFilms after startup menu appears. This is a "property" or it can be changed in configuration to display the view directly elected. Like Large Icons. It behaves as Beta 1 and Beta 2

Attachments

• screen.jpg
      screen.jpg
      377 KB
    • skin aMPed.zip
      42.9 KB
    • skin default.zip
      54 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: MyFilms 5.0.1 beta 2 released (09.08.2011) - V5.0

Hi bkv,

Everything works. For sure I send logs.
    Looks fine - thanks for testing!
    I have one request. In MyFilms after startup menu appears. This is a "property" or it can be changed in configuration to display the view directly elected. Like Large Icons. It behaves as Beta 1 and Beta 2
    I fixed this for the next version, thanks for reporting.

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: MyFilms 5.0.1 beta 2 released (09.08.2011) - V5.0.1.1286 (MP 1.2.0)

This is my customization of skin StreamedMP :)

WOW

This looks awesome, as a mediaportal/myfilms noob I would love to be able to something like that but i am not sure how to. First of all can i get a copy of your skin (and instuctions on how to install it). Second how can i modify a skin myself...are there any tools? Do i need to have expert knowledge of a programming language or a tool or is it possible for a computer savy individual to pick it up easily.

Thanks for your patience on reading a noob rant.

Regards

AT:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi totopsgr - Welcome to MediaPortal (MP) and MyFilms (MF)! I think igromaiden is still perfecting his skin mods. Hopefully he will post the skin files when he is finished.

Yes, you can modify skins. They are just xml files and can be edited in any editor such as Notepad++. The hard part is learning what is easy to modify or not. The good news is that you can always ask general questions in the Skins forum, or if you are modifying My Films skin files you can ask here and we will help if we can. There is a lot of information in the Skins Wiki pages, but it might be a bit daunting at first.

Since you are, as you say, a 'noob' I would recommend you get MediaPortal and My Films up and running using the Default Skin first, to make sure everything is working correctly. What movie catalog are you using with My Films? Do you have MP and MF installed and working already?

I assume you are using MP 1.2 beta, since My Films 5 only works in the new version of MP. So you want the version of StreamedMP for 1.2 beta on their Google Downloads site. Then once igormaiden posts his skin file mods you can just copy them to the MediaPortal skin\StreamedMP folder (always wise to backup the originals first ;))

Normally you can find all skins and plugins in our Downloads Repository (you can access from Forum, Wiki or main website via the Downloads links on the Menu). However those are mostly still for the current stable release 1.1 until 1.2 final is released (RC is due the end of this month.)

Hope that helps you get started.

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Hi totopsgr - Welcome to MediaPortal (MP) and MyFilms (MF)! I think igromaiden is still perfecting his skin mods. Hopefully he will post the skin files when he is finished.

Yes, you can modify skins. They are just xml files and can be edited in any editor such as Notepad++. The hard part is learning what is easy to modify or not. The good news is that you can always ask general questions in the Skins forum, or if you are modifying My Films skin files you can ask here and we will help if we can. There is a lot of information in the Skins Wiki pages, but it might be a bit daunting at first.

Since you are, as you say, a 'noob' I would recommend you get MediaPortal and My Films up and running using the Default Skin first, to make sure everything is working correctly. What movie catalog are you using with My Films? Do you have MP and MF installed and working already?

I assume you are using MP 1.2 beta, since My Films 5 only works in the new version of MP. So you want the version of StreamedMP for 1.2 beta on their Google Downloads site. Then once igormaiden posts his skin file mods you can just copy them to the MediaPortal skin\StreamedMP folder (always wise to backup the originals first ;))

Normally you can find all skins and plugins in our Downloads Repository (you can access from Forum, Wiki or main website via the Downloads links on the Menu). However those are mostly still for the current stable release 1.1 until 1.2 final is released (RC is due the end of this month.)

Hope that helps you get started.

Dear Dadeo

What a great surpise to get such a warm welcome and such an informative answer! To give you a bit more detail about my situation I am using MP 1.2 beta and my films with the latest streamedMP skin (done the modification to the skin folder to support Myfilms by damping there a whole lot of files that someone from this forum gracefully provided). I have MP and Myfilms up and running connected to an XML file produced by the latest EAX Movie Catalogue DB (would love to know what happened to the developer Zylar since he dropped off the radar for more than a year and the programme is maintained by a loving community). I haven't tried ANTZ Movie catalogue yet but may give it a try.

Anyhow the reason i am itching about the skins is because i am a fanart enthousiast, and the currently available skin is covering most of the fanart and is not transparent enough to allow the fanart to shine through. Igormaidens work looked like just what i am looking for since it demonstrated a good deal of fanart exposure.

So if anybody has done any mod that favors fanart to the myfilms skin for streamedMP (all latest versions) i will be more than happy to exploit their intelectual property :p

I will give it a try with the XML editor anyway and see what i can come up with.

:D

Regards

AT

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

You're very welcome! We are a bit like a big happy MediaPortal family LOL, especially for My Films since it is still in test mode and does not have a lot of users (deliberately) yet.

You sound like you are already well on your way totopsgr! Congrats! igormaiden just PMed me a few days ago about how to modify the text colors in the list in his StreamedMP mod, so hopefully he will be finished them soon and post them for you.

Yeah we would all like to know what happened to Zylar and Eax. We even had an idea to switch to Eax as the main catalog for My Films because it supports a native XML database, and a lot of nice features, notably many more fields! But that idea was shot when he disappeared! ANT is very good, but it has fewer fields and Antoine is not really developing it much anymore (he no longer has a Delphi Environment) other than grabber script updates. We even tried to get a couple developers who know Delphi to enhance it for us using the source code (ANT is open source), but they were unable to compile it :(.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, ;) My Films offers a great deal for movie catalog users - obviously a lot more for ANT movie catalog users as you can do pretty much all updating from within My Films (GUI).

I know what you mean about fanart! That's why I made it the focus in aMPed skin. However, don't forget that My Films offers a full fanart view. In the Details window you can just press the right arrow (in most skins). Then you can even browse your movies in the full fanart view and only return to Details when you need to. Yeah I know, you want to see more of it everywhere :p

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

You're very welcome! We are a bit like a big happy MediaPortal family LOL, especially for My Films since it is still in test mode and does not have a lot of users (deliberately) yet.

You sound like you are already well on your way totopsgr! Congrats! igormaiden just PMed me a few days ago about how to modify the text colors in the list in his StreamedMP mod, so hopefully he will be finished them soon and post them for you.

Yeah we would all like to know what happened to Zylar and Eax. We even had an idea to switch to Eax as the main catalog for My Films because it supports a native XML database, and a lot of nice features, notably many more fields! But that idea was shot when he disappeared! ANT is very good, but it has fewer fields and Antoine is not really developing it much anymore (he no longer has a Delphi Environment) other than grabber script updates. We even tried to get a couple developers who know Delphi to enhance it for us using the source code (ANT is open source), but they were unable to compile it :(.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, ;) My Films offers a great deal for movie catalog users - obviously a lot more for ANT movie catalog users as you can do pretty much all updating from within My Films (GUI).

I know what you mean about fanart! That's why I made it the focus in aMPed skin. However, don't forget that My Films offers a full fanart view. In the Details window you can just press the right arrow (in most skins). Then you can even browse your movies in the full fanart view and only return to Details when you need to. Yeah I know, you want to see more of it everywhere :p

Yeah EAX was extremely promising, Still maybe the best out there imho. I am surely looking forward to the skin by igormaiden.

One last question that has been pazzling me. I was trying to add logos to my films so i downloaded logos (png files) for blue ray and dvd and in the rules i associated them with the "Media Type" field and you get a drop down menu where it is either "blu-ray" or "dvd". Unfortunately they don't seem to work on my films movie review page. Any ideas what i am doing wrong? I am trying to associate the "Media Type" field from EAX to a logo appearing on myfilms. My library is exclusively Hardcopy movies (although I will start adding downloaded content for watching movies not worth collecting). Original Blue-rays and DVDs the best editions i can get my hands on. My purpose is to own all movies that they EVER appeared on IMDB top 250. currently these are 809 (see IMDb Top 250 Informer)

Thanks in advance for all the advice i am going to receive.:D

Regards

AT

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I was trying to add logos to my films so i downloaded logos (png files) for blue ray and dvd and in the rules i associated them with the "Media Type" field and you get a drop down menu where it is either "blu-ray" or "dvd". Unfortunately they don't seem to work on my films movie review page. Any ideas what i am doing wrong? I am trying to associate the "Media Type" field from EAX to a logo appearing on myfilms.
    I assume you are referring to the logos that display near the bottom of the screen? If not, could you post a screenshot of the 'myfilms movie review page' you mean?

Off the top of my head, I am guessing your issue may be related to StreamedMP skin. IIRC it uses it's own logos rules. If so, you will find MyFilmsLogos.xml in the ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP (win7) folder. Skin logos rules override the default My Films logos rules. So you must either edit that skin MyFilmsLogos.xml in an editor OR copy that file to the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (backup the original default file first). Then you can edit it using the Logos Editor in My Films setup and copy the result back to the skin folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom