[NEW ISSUE] Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. makes this plugin crash (probably due to the long path)? (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It would be interesting to log the full pathname being downloaded. While none of your paths are > 260, concatenating a long sus file name can easily throw the total length over 260 chars. Also from the log it is not evident whether the error occurs while downloading (in temp folder) or when moving the downloaded file in its final place. If the error occurs with certain provider(s) only (same video file ofc) then it is during downloading and probably has to do with unpacking the subs from multiply nested zip/rar archives.

The error is shown before any downloading is attempted, at the very moment when the search results are presented. I take you've not encountered these errors yourself, @arion_p ?

Emph

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    No, I haven't.

Obviously I read this thread too fast and missed the fact that the error is shown before downloading. It is however quite odd. Does it only happen with certain providers only? Again it appears as if the error happens within the provider, although it is beyond me why a provider would try to open a file while searching.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Only with podnapisi.net

Removing this from my selected sites has fixed the path length issue for me. I'm looking forward to giving the next episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. a go to see if it all comes down to podnapsi. Podnapsi.net seems to be down though?

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So... I removed Podnapsi from my selected sites, downloaded the previous S.H.I.E.L.D. episode and did a subtitle search. No crash, no hits using my selected sites. Chose All Sites and now I got multiple hits, still no crash. I have no idea what's going on...

Emph

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @seco
    I think it is obvious. There is a problem with the podnapisi implementation in subcentral and/or subtitledownloader.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What do you mean? This is fixed already.
    Emph
    On my HTPC MP still crashes with that error. How was this fixed?

EDIT:
    - MP 1.7.1 Hotfix
    - SubCentral 1.2.2.312
    - Podnapisi disabled
    - Happens with almost all shows

[2014-06-01 14:38:50,487] [Error ] [Subtitles Downloader Thread] [ERROR] - MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    [2014-06-01 14:38:50,503] [Log ] [Subtitles Downloader Thread] [ERROR] - Exception: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread