new mp client? (1 Viewer)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    That does look interesting. At least it doesn't have the GMA950 chipset, it's terrible.

I dont know anything about the GMA500 though. The specs say "Full hardware video acceleration of H.264, MPEG2, VC1, and WMV9" but I wonder how it will handle the MP interface at 1080p

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Indeed, looks nice but MP won't run nicely with just 1 GB RAM and i guess you can't upgrade the RAM. Besides this you need an external HD for recording and an external optical drive as standalone solution which then doesn't look that nice anymore.
    If you intend to use it as a network client it might be a great idea though

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    yeah, my first thought was to run it as network client.
    I sent them a mail and asked if its tested with mp :D ... its intended as a media pc right ;)

/tompa

canarygsr

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Looks good but there is no SPDIF out :(

Has anyone looked at getting windows to run on a Networked media Tank as an alternative to this?

Im still looking for a mini HD client, the NMT looks good but it only seems to work with GBPVR :(

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Audio
    High definition 2.0
    Line-out, line-in, mic

Me being dumb does this mean you can't get 5.1 sound out?

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just stumbled across this PC whilst looking for mini-ITX cases.

Does anyone know how it copes with the MP GUI and also playback of 1080p mkv files?

In terms of getting the audio out of it, assuming the HDMI port outputs audio then you could just get a optical spdif breakout box. I'm sure I've seen something along those lines in my wanderings around the web in the past.

Also, if the built in IR receiver works with MP then it'd be ideal for me, as I have a couple of client PCs in a TV-Server setup. I don't use any optical drives so that's not a problem and all the recording is done on the server. So, this thing would barely be any bigger than the microsoft IR receiver I use at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread