New Screenshots (2 Viewers)

TVKiwi

Portal Member
May 27, 2005
Here is a screenshot of the skin I am working on.
it takes into account the points being made in my other post about clarity and clean design with larger fonts.

Let me know what you think and what could be improved....

screenshot1.png

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'd like to see the blue and green colors in the bottom right area reversed. I think having the bottom right area to be the same color as the header, it would look better.

A

Anonymous

I really like the layout of this skin. It is clear and easy to 'read'. Regarding the use of different colours on one screen I have my 'doubts'. Different shades of the same colour with small highlights for the selection has my personal preference.

Keep up the good work TVKiwi it's looking very good!!

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Looks sweet! I really like the clear separation between header, "action menu" and bottom area. All other "recent" skins tend to blend this all together. I'd personally watch out for using too many different colours though, as it increases the chance of colours clashing with each other. I'd definitely make the switch to this skin, as soon as it's available!

Keep up de good work!
    Michel

waeberd

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2004
    Fribourg (CH)
    Nice work!! I like the layout very much.

I would try to remove the number of colours:
    green, blue, grey background make an unneccessary busy looking screen.

(and delete that Celine Dion song, ok? :twisted: <just kidding>)

Regards,

Daniel

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Very good! Again a complete new look.

I like the top area and the shortcuts to the other section like photos etc.
    I like the grey area too and agree with the others, that green doesn´t seem to be the best colour for the last area

And one thing about the music screen. It allways irritates me that the song is highlighted where you left the cusor which needn´t necessarily be the song currently playing.. The currently playing song is in the top area.

Whereas to hightlight the currently playing song would be the best solution
    (only if no mouse/keyboard/remote action is taken for e.g. 5 sec)
    - Very old feature request from me - this would need programming (Smirnoff, hope you are still looking in this thread :) ).

Maybe consider to make the font in the top area big enough in order to reduce the possible irritation.

tomtom

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

..looks realy nice.

I love also the header, it´s a complete new look.

Greetings Harley

TVKiwi

Portal Member
    May 27, 2005
    Thanks for the comments - I will post a screen shot with the green removed for comparison.

Question - Do you think it would be better if the round shortcuts were on a top bar menu which autohides and the current time and date in their place on the screen. When the menu appears it would be designed to look just as it does in the screenshot above?

Users who are viewing this thread