MP2 - Spring'16 No player for live tv (Windows 7) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please first try the possible steps from this thread:

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think this is the summary:
    Leaving my working MP 1.3 installation completely alone, I installed a new, smallish SSD, new install of W7 SP1, new tuner driver, and the 'Spring of 16' MP2. (nothing else)
    Tvserver export/import (and manual mapping) worked perfectly, and 'test channels' and 'manual control' appear to work fine.
    But when I go to the MP -> TV -> list of channels, and click any channel, I get the spinning wheel and then a message stating 'no player registered to play media item 'liveX-Y.ts.tsbuffer.
    (the little sample video included in this MP2 distribution plays fine)​

From my limited knowledge, I agree that it's a playback problem,
    I'll check the dependencies suggested.
    Thanks for looking.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    I hope this is what you requested, and that it's useful.
    Also included the list of what's installed, plus now VCredist 2012 and 2015.
    Thanks again.

Attachments

• dependancy.jpg
      dependancy.jpg
      565.4 KB
    • Installed.jpg
      Installed.jpg
      105.6 KB
    Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The 1st screenshot is quite clear, the MSVCR120 dll is missing. It's part of VC redist 2013 (x86). As it is shown as installed there is something wrong here.

Is this file existing inside C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr120.dll?

The please uninstall VC 2013 redists, redownload it from Microsoft and install it again. Do you have any antivirus tool installed that might prevent installation of some files?

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Yes, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr120.dll was there before a resinstall of the 2013 VC redist.
    NO anti-virus. (only router firewall)

But after the reinstall, MP2 still gets the same error, and the the dependency check looks the same,

Path problem? I am suppose the have the x86 redists, even though this is a 64 bit W7, aren't I?
    Again, thanks for looking.

Last edited:

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    %SYSROOT%\sysWOW64 was NOT in the path (and I don't know if it needs to be or not), but I tried adding it.
    Same error within MP 'no player available----', same error in the logs 'unable to start graph ---', and maybe some new errors that I don't recognize - not sure.

Anyway -- here's the logs again.

If no more good ideas by Friday, I think I'll take my W7 back to 'virgin' (can one ever go back to virgin?), and try the latest weekly release as suggested a long time ago.
    If that still doesn't work, I'll just go about my business - and wait for MP2 to develop more.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    %SYSROOT%\sysWOW64 was NOT in the path
    Be careful with this, normally it's not in PATH! This is part of Windows' logic to look into this folder for x86 apps. This is a transparent process.

If you like, I could take a look myself via TeamViewer. Let me know if you want that and when a good time would be (between our very different time zones ;) UTC+1)

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    OK, I'll restore the path.

Don't know what TeamViewer is or how it works. Remote access? If that will give you more info than is in the logs, I'll be happy to participate, if you'll tell me what to do.
    Looks like 8 hour time difference -- so 8am here is 1600 (4 pm) there. Does that work? Or anytime between 8am and 4pm my time is OK with me. Maybe this Friday? (tomorrow is Thanksgiving for us)
    Thanks very much for your interest. Seems like this has to be something pretty basic.

Last edited:

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    OK - thanks to all for trying to solve this, especially Morpheus for spending ~1/2 hr on my system trying to fix it.
    Looks like we're not going to be able to do anymore, so Plan B; i.e.,
    I'll take my W7 back to 'virgin' and try the latest weekly release as suggested a long time ago.
    If that still doesn't work, I'll just go about my business - and wait for MP2 to develop more.​

Last edited:

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks like we're not going to be able to do anymore, so Plan B; i.e.,
    I'll take my W7 back to 'virgin' and try the latest weekly release as suggested a long time ago.​

Oh no! Please don't say that. I have exactly the same problem but on Windows 10. I have been watching this thread and have tried everything you have been recommended to no avail. I have also tried the latest weekly snapshot but no dice. I was rather hoping you would find the answer.

It's not just you and I though. There are a fair number of threads in various MP2 sub forums with the same problem. Most seemed to have fixed it somehow, though none of them seem to know quite what did it. If it helps, the answer isn't to install IE11. I have tried and it didn't work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom