MP2 - Spring'16 No response from TV guilde (1 Viewer)

akayani

Portal Pro
August 8, 2015
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
No response from selecting a program to view in the guide. I did a reinstall but without deleting all files.

I'm going to remove everything and install again. Just reporting the log files information.

Yani

akayani

Portal Pro
August 8, 2015
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Given what followed here that was likely yet another Seagate drive in death throws. If anyone is using Seagate ST drives, the "Barracuda inside" is what they do to data. 5 drives / 3 failures.

Yani

akayani

Portal Pro
August 8, 2015
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
New install of everything from Windows 10 up. I did copy the ProgramData from an old drive but not the drive used in the first set of logs. And the install create .old version of the folder.

Yet if I click a program in the guide to watch now still nothing happens.

Yani

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    While I do not understand the error, there appears to be an issue where the server thinks there is another TV server installed.

[2016-08-03 22:28:56,480] [1689 ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here

akayani

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2015
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Couldn't be sure of that. It was named Maud-64 the previous name might have been slightly different like Maud64. I'll delete everything and do another install right now.

akayani

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2015
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK... I think what happened is the TV Card didn't load the drivers because it is fussy in the PCI slot. It's a bit weird, I cleaned the contacts, put the card back but it took 2 reboots for Windows and MP to sort it out. Maybe MP Server tried to load before windows updated the drivers?

If I'm right then you might want to flag what you see in the logs as a possible issue with the windows driver not loading or a card having dirty contact. I suspect the WinFast card doesn't sit low enough into the slot as it was well screwed down the whole time.

One tiny point on the installer...

The top button, install both (or whatever it says) is highlighted as active but the next button is dead. It's not actually active until you click it. Likely it should be highlighted and be active and the next button alive or display as inactive and the next button dead.

akayani

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2015
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I set the TV guide display to one page per channel. Clearly this seems like a good idea to avoid scrolling a list but in reality it is a massive fail when you need to check if program recording overlaps. So I went to turn the feature off and spent a good 20 minute digging through the menus and couldn't find where I turn it on in the first place. Seems I've turn it off and I don't even know how I did that.

The default skin that loads is BlueVision. I can't see the need to write 'Skin' after each listed skin. It moves the 2 standard controls (power & menu) to the right side of the screen. As I've said previously I think those buttons are crap. They are too small and when I use the phone as the remote it's an effort to target them. That said I don't think they should move when you use a different skin. But worse, I'm looking for them on the left and in the right corner is the station ID which is the usual gray overlay. They were near invisible.

To the support question...

I've checked the settings in both the server and the client for record file location. Both are set to C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV yet the 2 programs I've just recorded don't appear in that folder.

They were recorded but in this folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\Doctor Who - ABC2_KIDS - 2016-08-04.ts

Wonderful how helpful windows search is at hiding what you need to know. Any normal file gets a path but a video gets a length, frame and size instead.

What setting is upset here?

Yani

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One tiny point on the installer...
    The installer is the first entry point of the software. We are fully aware that what we have today is not what we would like to see. I have this on my personal ToDo list but have not yet found the time to start digging into the installer engine that MP2 is using. Objective is to have an improved installer ready for the next release.

I set the TV guide display to one page per channel.
    I am not sure how that looks like. Curretnly I am running my own MP2 as a test environment within a virtual machine where I don't have a TV card. It looks though that your "no reaction to click in guide" is resolved. Correct?

So I went to turn the feature off and spent a good 20 minute digging through the menus and couldn't find where I turn it on in the first place. Seems I've turn it off and I don't even know how I did that.
    Indeed. Can you post a screenshot of what you have now?

I can't see the need to write 'Skin' after each listed skin.
    Agreed. GUI texts are in the process of being overworked, however, I have not touched anything in English at this time.

It moves the 2 standard controls (power & menu) to the right side of the screen. As I've said previously I think those buttons are crap.
    I see. Actually other skins are under development that have these buttons consistently on the left side. BlueVision does require an update in this respect - and I need to figure out how to add entries to Jira to not lose track of such elements.

I've checked the settings in both the server and the client for record file location.
    I am a little bit intrigued by this statement. Client settings are actually server settings since recordings take place on the back-end only. Where did you change "server settings"? In the TV Server configuration? That should not be necessary but I might be wrong. I just wanted to test but the TV Server Configuration crashes when I try to call it. That should not be taken to seriously, it's just a test environment and I need to reinstall. Notwithstanding since I have never headr about this before I trust that something else is going wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread