No sound after upgrade to MP 1.3 from MP 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

DanTX

Portal Member
February 1, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can someone be kind to help? I got no sound when playing music (mp3 files) after upgraded to MP 1.3 from MP 1.2.3. I still have sound when playing DVDs, Videos, and Mkv.

Thanks,
DanTX

DanTX

Portal Member
February 1, 2010
Home Country
Thank you for the quick response, Vasilich. Here's the log files. Please look at it and let me know as soon you find out.

Thanks,
DanTX

Vasilich

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    i don't see anything suspicious in the logs.
    Do all of your played videos have 5.1 sound?
    have you checked that during music playing the MediaPortal volume (not the main volume!) in windows sound mixer is set to 100% ?

as an alternative you can try to set use of DSPlayer instead of BASS player in MP configuration.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    From a BASS point of view, everything is ok. There is no single error displayed.
    I would assume, what Vasilich suggested above. Something is muted.

There was no single change on the Music Player from 1.2.3 to 1.3. So i doubt that the upgrade is the reason for it.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Can someone be kind to help? I got no sound when playing music (mp3 files) after upgraded to MP 1.3 from MP 1.2.3. I still have sound when playing DVDs, Videos, and Mkv.

Thanks,
    DanTX

Means you have sound for Dolby Digital, DTS...

What you can do is:

1. Start MP (maybe in window mode)
    2. Play a MP3
    3. Open windows sound mixer (e.g. via taskbar)
    4. Check if MediaPortal volume is not muted.
    See:
    soundqo71.jpg

DanTX

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Yes, as it turned out the MP volume is muted during music playing. Wonder why the log didn't show that. Thanks so much everyone for looking into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Sometimes the program does not switch and I get the message "AllCardsBusy". It really seems that the timeshift is not terminated. Sometimes when I switch, I see the previous channel for a few seconds and then it switches. I have not been able to figure out why this is happening.
    Sometimes the program does not switch and I get the message "AllCardsBusy". It really seems that the timeshift is not terminated...
    Since a few MP releases I have the problem that when I'm watching TV and want to listen music, it is causing an error. The first...
    Replies
    Views
    Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not encountering any problems with over-the-air tv. Netflix video is not affected, just audio. Music plays fine when played outside of MP through Windows Media Player. Netflix plays fine when played outside of...
    Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not...
    Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not...
    Replies
    Views
    in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application. -2005530508 (Unknown) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()...
    in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application...
    Hi All, Hope everyone is safe & well, in these trying times. As I live in a city that has been incarcerated for rmonths, thought I...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Crash to Desktop DE
    I tried to read the logs : investigation seemed to show the fanart database as having trouble...so I have deleted that database ......it has allowed me to watch mptv and some movies for 45 minutes without a crash......
    I tried to read the logs : investigation seemed to show the fanart database as having trouble...so I have deleted that database...
    Hi I posted recently because my Mediaportal 1 setup was crashing when I played long music playlists but now the problem has become...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I gave up and jumped ship to Kodi - which worked first time without problems. After 10 years with Mediaportal, it was a huge shame to leave but I couldn’t get it to work at all with my new PC with integrated...
    Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I...
    Hi, I've been using MediaPortal 1 for many years on an HTPC with a graphics card, but since switching to a Dell Optiplex 5080 with...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom