No sound after upgrade to MP 1.3 from MP 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

DanTX

Portal Member
February 1, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can someone be kind to help? I got no sound when playing music (mp3 files) after upgraded to MP 1.3 from MP 1.2.3. I still have sound when playing DVDs, Videos, and Mkv.

Thanks,
DanTX

DanTX

Portal Member
February 1, 2010
Home Country
Thank you for the quick response, Vasilich. Here's the log files. Please look at it and let me know as soon you find out.

Thanks,
DanTX

Vasilich

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    i don't see anything suspicious in the logs.
    Do all of your played videos have 5.1 sound?
    have you checked that during music playing the MediaPortal volume (not the main volume!) in windows sound mixer is set to 100% ?

as an alternative you can try to set use of DSPlayer instead of BASS player in MP configuration.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    From a BASS point of view, everything is ok. There is no single error displayed.
    I would assume, what Vasilich suggested above. Something is muted.

There was no single change on the Music Player from 1.2.3 to 1.3. So i doubt that the upgrade is the reason for it.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can someone be kind to help? I got no sound when playing music (mp3 files) after upgraded to MP 1.3 from MP 1.2.3. I still have sound when playing DVDs, Videos, and Mkv.

Thanks,
    DanTX

Means you have sound for Dolby Digital, DTS...

What you can do is:

1. Start MP (maybe in window mode)
    2. Play a MP3
    3. Open windows sound mixer (e.g. via taskbar)
    4. Check if MediaPortal volume is not muted.
    See:
    soundqo71.jpg

DanTX

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Yes, as it turned out the MP volume is muted during music playing. Wonder why the log didn't show that. Thanks so much everyone for looking into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos prior to the menu. Then, when it comes to display the menu, MediaPortal crashes. I'm using Windows 7 on a fresh installation and with all the updates available applied to the system. Windows shows a...
    Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos...
    Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos...
    Replies
    Views
    HD terrestrial TV in the UK supports both interlaced and progressive modes. My Sony TV's info screen identifies what mode is currently being received, and I was astonished to observe that the video datastream can switch rapidly between interlaced and progressive, even within single advertisement! :eek: I am glad that you were able...
    HD terrestrial TV in the UK supports both interlaced and progressive modes. My Sony TV's info screen identifies what mode is...
    Hi I have the strangest problem. On two different downloaded video files, my MP crashes and restarts right after the programme...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was just that the server needed a restart (even though there was no indication in Windows) - as soon as I started both clients (one reparied as above, one not) both started working right away. (I would have...
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was...
    Hi, I have a server/client PC (MP2.4) that seems still to be still working fine, but 2 other clients have suddenly stopped playing...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected to the TV and use MP2 on that instead of via Kodi. Something for the future perhaps.
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected...
    I'm running MP2 on my PC and Kodi 19 with the MP client on my Amazon Fire TV box, and this works fine for playing anything from the...
    Replies
    Views
    Sounds like a codec issue to me. What happens if you try to open these files in Windows? Using Media Player Classic for example? Also, your hardware acceleration settings might be off with the change of hardware?
    Sounds like a codec issue to me. What happens if you try to open these files in Windows? Using Media Player Classic for example...
    After a recent issue with my HTPC I had to swap out motherboard and CPU. both were replaced like for like and the PC works fine...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom