No sound after upgrade to MP 1.3 from MP 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

DanTX

Portal Member
February 1, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can someone be kind to help? I got no sound when playing music (mp3 files) after upgraded to MP 1.3 from MP 1.2.3. I still have sound when playing DVDs, Videos, and Mkv.

Thanks,
DanTX

DanTX

Portal Member
February 1, 2010
Home Country
Thank you for the quick response, Vasilich. Here's the log files. Please look at it and let me know as soon you find out.

Thanks,
DanTX

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
i don't see anything suspicious in the logs.
Do all of your played videos have 5.1 sound?
have you checked that during music playing the MediaPortal volume (not the main volume!) in windows sound mixer is set to 100% ?

as an alternative you can try to set use of DSPlayer instead of BASS player in MP configuration.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    From a BASS point of view, everything is ok. There is no single error displayed.
    I would assume, what Vasilich suggested above. Something is muted.

There was no single change on the Music Player from 1.2.3 to 1.3. So i doubt that the upgrade is the reason for it.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can someone be kind to help? I got no sound when playing music (mp3 files) after upgraded to MP 1.3 from MP 1.2.3. I still have sound when playing DVDs, Videos, and Mkv.

Thanks,
    DanTX

Means you have sound for Dolby Digital, DTS...

What you can do is:

1. Start MP (maybe in window mode)
    2. Play a MP3
    3. Open windows sound mixer (e.g. via taskbar)
    4. Check if MediaPortal volume is not muted.
    See:
    soundqo71.jpg

DanTX

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Yes, as it turned out the MP volume is muted during music playing. Wonder why the log didn't show that. Thanks so much everyone for looking into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom