[solved] No sound within MP (1 Viewer)

Philou1460

December 21, 2016
Home Country
France France
Hi.

I made a fresh install .15 on a fresh Seven SP1.
Sound works fine on windows and VLC.

But no sound within MP, neither playing music nor video.

Any help ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Check out the Windows volume mixer in tray. Maybe MP is muted or its sound set down to zero.

Philou1460

December 21, 2016
    Home Country
    France France
    Thank you, it's the point.

Not quite easy to find...

is there a simple way to check wheter MP is muted ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there a simple way to check wheter MP is muted ?
    "Mute" can take place at two levels: MediaPortal itself and at Windows level in the volume mixer. If MP itself is muted then you should see an icon (skin-dependent) on the MP screen. Volume changes should be reflected on the OSD. Unfortunately there is no (simple) way to check if the mixer signal is muted. Notwithstanding, once set it should not change anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi CyberSimian, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I had looked for some kind of hardware solution (unsuccessfully) and your suggestion looks promising. However since posting the questionI have realised that MP itself provides a solution! Powerscheduler in Expert Settings mode provides an override function to put Windows into...
    Hi CyberSimian, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I had looked for some kind of hardware solution (unsuccessfully) and your...
    I think this is a variation on other questions about audio output and setup. I specifically want to have my MP sound output over...
    Replies
    Views
    I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced to make the switch, because I'm already liking MP2 more. But still, the original problem remains a frustrating mystery.
    I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced...
    I am running 1.29 Pre-release on Windows 10 Pro. I use MP only to watch TV through my Hauppauge tuner card. I am suddenly getting...
    Replies
    Views
    I see a small issue now. When changing the view mode from Grid-Poster to List and then back to Grid. It's always set to Thumbnail. I'm quite sure, that the previous state was remembered before, can it be related to the fix? Additonally on first load the media details are hidden, though the option is not set in media view dialog. Once...
    I see a small issue now. When changing the view mode from Grid-Poster to List and then back to Grid. It's always set to Thumbnail...
    Hi, I have a running MP2 Server/Client in my living room (with a slightly older Version), and now I wanted to setup a client only...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different pieces of software that claimed to do like you said: keeping the DA-convertors "alive" by sending a non-audible signal periodically. Turned out this was NOT the thing happening in my AV-receiver. While...
    Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different...
    I'm having a strange one here ... it seems to have started after getting a new Sony 4k TV, and manifests itself by refusing to...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Windows firewall DE
    Hi, Yesterday, i installed mediaportal 1 on 3 windows pcs. The server is a windows 7 32bit and the other are: 1 windows 8 32bit and a windows 10 64bit. I think i have disabled IPV6 on all machines adapters. The MP1 client on the server can show the DVB-C tv channels delivered by the old Cinergy C HD PCI. The tv-guides work fine...
    Hi, Yesterday, i installed mediaportal 1 on 3 windows pcs. The server is a windows 7 32bit and the other are: 1 windows 8 32bit...
    Hi, Yesterday, i installed mediaportal 1 on 3 windows pcs. The server is a windows 7 32bit and the other are: 1 windows 8 32bit...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom