[solved] No sound within MP (1 Viewer)

Philou1460

December 21, 2016
Home Country
France France
Hi.

I made a fresh install .15 on a fresh Seven SP1.
Sound works fine on windows and VLC.

But no sound within MP, neither playing music nor video.

Any help ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Check out the Windows volume mixer in tray. Maybe MP is muted or its sound set down to zero.

Philou1460

December 21, 2016
    Home Country
    France France
    Thank you, it's the point.

Not quite easy to find...

is there a simple way to check wheter MP is muted ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there a simple way to check wheter MP is muted ?
    "Mute" can take place at two levels: MediaPortal itself and at Windows level in the volume mixer. If MP itself is muted then you should see an icon (skin-dependent) on the MP screen. Volume changes should be reflected on the OSD. Unfortunately there is no (simple) way to check if the mixer signal is muted. Notwithstanding, once set it should not change anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] TV sound but no picture DE
    It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD playback in MP2. Perhaps you mean the cyberlink app starts, if you enter a DVD into the slot. To avoid this you'll have to deactivate autoplay in the windows settings. Open Windows Settings Select...
    It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD...
    Hello, I have installed the latest Media Portal 2 version on a clean new Windows 10 installation. Now I only get sound for some TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos prior to the menu. Then, when it comes to display the menu, MediaPortal crashes. I'm using Windows 7 on a fresh installation and with all the updates available applied to the system. Windows shows a...
    Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos...
    Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom