no standby at night

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by harryzwo, May 29, 2019.

1. harryzwo

harryzwo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    since about 2 weeks my HTPC is running every morning. When i turned PC on via FB -> PC goes in standby.
    So there is no reason to prevent Standby. In LOG i coulnd see anything.

Attached Files:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,408 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Next time that you find your PC running, open an administrative command or powershell window and enter

powercfg -lastwake

This will then display what exactly is waking up your PC.

4. harryzwo

harryzwo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I did this a few days ago.
    Powercfg replayed 'TVSERVICE'. In this night there was a recording with no standby after it.

5. harryzwo

harryzwo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    After ending Record HTPC have to go in AWAYMODE? is this Right. in TVSERVERLOG i found changeing in idle state.

[2019-06-02 01:35:01,143] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [INFO ] - PS: System changed from busy state to idle state

Can this be the reason of nostandby?

6. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +985 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I see from your "System Specs" that you are using Windows 10. From what I have read elsewhere, Windows 10 has a tendency to reset the power-plan settings everytime a Windows update occurs. If your HTPC was working correctly, and it started misbehaving two weeks ago, could it have been due to a Windows 10 update?

I would suggest reviewing carefully all of your power-plan settings, to make sure that they are what you think they should be. Note that away mode should be enabled.

Are you using the "PowerScheduler" plugin? I would suggest using it in "plug and play" mode, with the "HTPC" plan selected.

If none of that works, install Windows 7.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

7. harryzwo

harryzwo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I think i have found the Reason.
    I send MP to Standby with FB. it seems that MP-Client not closed. So after resume by TVSERVICE timeshifting begins and HTPC didn't go to Standby anymore.

8. harryzwo

harryzwo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    is there any possibility to close MP-Client via Batch while clicking 'all off' on FB? It seems so that MP-Client not automaticly close when HTPC goes to standby.

9. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +985 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    The client part of "PowerScheduler" looks like you can specify a BAT file that you want to run when the HTPC is about to standby. I say "looks like", as the Wiki is not clear on what is supported :(. (Or to put that another way, I don't understand it :(.) Start here and see if it helps you.

On my system, I do something similar to what you want, but I don't use "PowerScheduler" to run the BAT file (I have a very convoluted setup to manage power-state changes). There may be other ways of closing the MP client, but the way that I use is for the BAT file to run an AutoHotKey script. The script sends keyboard shortcuts to the MP window to stop playback, invoke the exit dialogue, and select "close MP". My script won't work for you (it is too specific to my setup), but if you are a programmer you could write your own script to do the equivalent.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!