[OBSOLETE] Latest Test Version of MCE Replacement Plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    bjorndevos:
    Have you added the update from here ?

That should fix the problem. Otherwise, wait a few days for the next release.

magnolio:
    Umm, possibly. I haven't specifically tried that myself ... I'll have a play with it and see what I can get it to do... I'll have to get back to you on that.

Basically, you'd need to find the message that MediaPortal sends when it changes to my videos... if it sends one at all...

If it doesn't then I might need to make a change to the MediaPortal source ... but we're in (semi-)feature-freeze still.

I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

caveman69:

After you remove the registry keys you need to reset the button mappings in the MCE replacement plugin to make sure you've got mappings for all those keys. But apart from that it almost sounds like the button presses are being overlooked due to high system load... but I haven't seen that for some time ... what's your CPU utilization look like?

It could also be that it's interference from MPTray.

If you can't get it to work, you might want to try IR Server Suite ... because it runs a service for interacting with the mce device it is more reliable in these sorts of situations. Also it has it's own Tray Launcher application which would rule out any interference with MP Tray. And there are a number of other cool things it can do too.

Just be aware that if you do try IR Server Suite then disable or uninstall the MCE replacement plugin.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There's a version 1.0.4.2 preview in the first post of this thread.

Get back to me straight away with any bugs or problems.

Thanks,

bjorndevos

November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Weird issues

The blasting works in the test program. (configuration).
    But when I'm in mediaportal it's always skips an item.
    Like it goes directly from my tv to my pictures.
    When I disable the plugin I can select the items one by one in the menu.
    It's just like it's send twice the same command to mediaportal. Because when I want to stop the tv
    it put its off and directly back on.

Can you help me with this issue ? (I had it with 1.4.0.1 sp1 and wirh 1.4.0.2 preview)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    bjorndevos:

You need to do one of two things:

A. In the plugin configuration go to the button mapping area and click Remove replacement driver mappings.

or

B. Make the registry edit explained in the post linked in my signature "You don't need the replacement driver", keeping in mind that this option will disable the automatically handled buttons throughout the operating system.

Cheers,

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    bjorndevos:

You need to do one of two things:

A. In the plugin configuration go to the button mapping area and click Remove replacement driver mappings.

or

B. Make the registry edit explained in the post linked in my signature "You don't need the replacement driver", keeping in mind that this option will disable the automatically handled buttons throughout the operating system.

Cheers,

Hi Aaron

How about adding a button in your plug-in that will "do" and "un-do" the registry changes for you... I think it might be easier for users that don’t want to make the registry changes themselves.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    geov:

I did briefly have that with the old method.

I'll add it back in now.

Cheers,

Twhyman

Portal Member
    July 11, 2007
    Hi and-81,

I was really happy to see the updates :)

I installed the 1.4.0.2 preview and i have a couple of problems
    1. when tunning external channels - in the plugin config menu it works but in media portal it does not works. - symptom of 1.4.0.2
    2. when putting the HTPC to sleep i cannot wake him up using the remote, only a mouse or keyboard. - allways had this problem.
    3. sometimes in MP the the remote stops responding i have to restart MP. - allways had this problem.

I have disabled the MCE service.

What can i do?

Thanks
    Twhyman

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Twhyman:

1. I'll need to see your mediaportal.log file to see what is happening there.
    2. Sounds like the device is not being supplied with power while in sleep. You might need to use MCE Standby Tool to solve this, do a google search for it.
    3. This sounds like the sort of thing that happens when something else is using the remote, like mce services, hip, girder, or a tray launcher.

I'll post a new test version in about 12 hours, so try with that and if you have the same problems then please supply some log files.

Cheers,

Twhyman

Portal Member
    July 11, 2007
    Twhyman:

1. I'll need to see your mediaportal.log file to see what is happening there.
    2. Sounds like the device is not being supplied with power while in sleep. You might need to use MCE Standby Tool to solve this, do a google search for it.
    3. This sounds like the sort of thing that happens when something else is using the remote, like mce services, hip, girder, or a tray launcher.

I'll post a new test version in about 12 hours, so try with that and if you have the same problems then please supply some log files.

Cheers,

1. i attached the log.
    2. when the HTPC is in sleep mode and i press the power button on the remote the red light in the reciver light up and never turn off, like its stuck. When using the MCE service the computer turns on using the remote but i cant use your plugin :D
    3. I have no other remote application, but next time it happens ill post up the log.

Thanks again,
    Twhyman

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Everyone:

There's a new 1.0.4.2 Preview (2) on the first post of this thread, as before please test and let me know of any bugs.

Geov:

There is a registry modifying option in the configuration now, "Disable automatic buttons".

Twhyman:

1. Thanks, I've looked at it and hopefully the new test version I mentioned above will fix this.
    2. Very strange, I'll look into it some more and see what I can find.
    3. Thanks.

Cheers,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom