On starting TV: Msg "Unknown Error" (1 Viewer)

pet.heyn

Portal Member
January 28, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
After months of successful use, suddenly MP TV stops working.

After start it looks ok. When clicking "TV" msg "Unknown Error" is shown.
No TV...:(

I've created the log and attached it!

Regards
Peter

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks like Database problem - from log, one of several messages...........

2013-01-28 10:09:27.525240 [TVService(6)]: TvControllerException: Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: Update Program set state=0 where state<>0; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table '.\mptvdb\program' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Check Forum for correct command to fix TV DB (I know it's there, I don't have time to search for it just at the moment though:-

TTFN - JCMP.

pet.heyn

Portal Member
    January 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...looks as if I got it?

Found the CD to specify before sql-command.
    Then it worked - reported corrected errors.

Started MP, "TV" - bad news: same problem as before.

After some time I thought of TV Service!!! Stopped it.
    Again repaired SQL. Restarted service.

At least TV was startable now!
    Before finally verifying I must restart PC - MP sometimes mocks around when moved between monitors (with differing solutions).

Will try!

Thanks
    Peter

pet.heyn

Portal Member
    January 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot: problem solved!

After restart everything was fine!

That is: after stopping TV-Service, fixing the TV DB (i.e. sql-db), and starting again the problem was gone!

Thanks again!

pet.heyn

Portal Member
    January 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just for info: the same happened again today.
    The reason, I think: a complete freeze of windows this morning. (No TV active that time, but tvservice is always running...)

For all searching for the solution:
    open an administrative(!) command window
    net stop tvservice
    cd \program files\mysql\mysql server 5.1\bin
    mysqlcheck -u root -pMediaPortal --auto-repair --all-databases
    net start tvservice
    Then started MP: everything OK now!

Thanks - and have fun!

pet.heyn

Portal Member
    January 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK: this is the 3rd time...
    In between the time I know what's the error if MP says "Unknown Error" :-(

But I also seem to know the reason for the problem: some hours before PC was hang up, again(!), on a problem of Virtual Box. And as TVServer is always running it can't close the data base as it should...

Users who are viewing this thread