One Button Random Music? (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: One Button Random Music?

The context Menu in the "Playing Now Window" don't work. You can't get to the Menu, to Love and Ban etc. the playing Song. This is very bad, please fix this.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: One Button Random Music?

The context Menu in the "Playing Now Window" don't work. You can't get to the Menu, to Love and Ban etc. the playing Song. This is very bad, please fix this.

You are really going to have to provide more info than this. Is this all skins? How are you getting to the now playing screen, logs .....

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I have just noticed another problem.

Keys "p" for playing and "b" for stop playing are not working ?? I don't see any particular reason !!! it was working yesterday !!!

Any ideas ??

EDIT
    Now without any action both keys are working again. !!! anyone knows why this happens ??

I've noticed that when not working the keys selected appear on the screeen like this {p} or this {b} !!! strange

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: One Button Random Music?

You are really going to have to provide more info than this. Is this all skins? How are you getting to the now playing screen, logs .....

Yes it happens in all the Skin, I have test it with the default Skin and it happens too.

1. Search for a Song
    2. Play this Song
    3. Press the Button on the Remote, that shows the Now Playing Screen
    4. Press the Button for the Context Menu, nothing is showing

But when you play a Song form the Library the Context Menu works fine !

And I beliebe this Problem happens too, when I play a Song from aMPdroid and IPIMP but I'm not sure. I have to Test this.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: One Button Random Music?

Yes it happens in all the Skin, I have test it with the default Skin and it happens too.

1. Search for a Song
    2. Play this Song
    3. Press the Button on the Remote, that shows the Now Playing Screen
    4. Press the Button for the Context Menu, nothing is showing

But when you play a Song form the Library the Context Menu works fine !

And I beliebe this Problem happens too, when I play a Song from aMPdroid and IPIMP but I'm not sure. I have to Test this.

I'm so stupid, sorry it is the Global Search Plugin that have this Bug. I had post it in the wrong Thread.
    I will post it into the right ! Sorry !!:sorry:

Skully

September 25, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm new to Mediaportal, but this plugin is the perfect solution for what I'm mainly using my media center installation for - playing back my large music collection. It works great.

I have one suggestion though. There are currently options to play a playlist, or pick X (defaults to 100) random songs from the library. Is it possible to add an option for X random songs from a designated playlist?

My reason is this - I have about 27,000 songs currently loaded, of which about 1000 are holiday songs. I maintain 2 different playlists - holiday & non-holiday. Having it pick the entire 26,000 song non-holiday playlist when I hit play just bogs things down, while 100 random songs from it would be fine. I could just further divide my library into smaller playlists, but I like the randomness of playing everything (with the exception of having to listen to Christmas music in July).

Even without this change it's still a great plugin. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi I am having the same problem as SimondusMaximus & kjarrig on pages 32 and 34 re the numeric keys only playing one song then stopping. If I use the "P" key everything works as expected with multiple songs playing but if I use say key "1" to play the same playlist as the "P" key then only one song is played.

I tried the new dll on page 34 but that didn't make any difference.

I have attached 2 log files. The Success.zip is for 2 songs played correctly using the "P" key. The Fail.zip is for one song only played from key "1".

Hoping this can be sorted as I really would like to use the numeric key function. If you need any more info then please let me know.

Thanks.

ramyad

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Installed this plugin today. I wanted background music when MP starts so I only changed the AutoPlay section and used the Load Folder to load a sub folder from my music folder.

On startup of MP, a random file is played from within the subfolder, great. But then, all subsequent music files after the first one come from "anywhere". That is, not another music file from the sub folder but goes to the root and chooses a file from somethere else.

Option setup:
    AutoPlay Options:
    - AutoPlay on MediaPortal Startup CHECKED
    - Load Folder: F:\My Music\Chilled and Ambient
    - Shuffle CHECKED

That is it. So after the fist play, it selects something from [F:\My Music] instead of another file from [F:\My Music\Chilled and Ambient]

Any ideas? I've been through posts and help and cannot find anyone listing this as an issue.

EDIT: Further info - In the MP log, it shows the x files loaded from [F:\My Music\Chilled and Ambient]. After playing a song, the next player log shows it's playing from [F:\My Music\Paloma Faith]. It then plays all the songs from [F:\My Music\Paloma Faith] and stops.

Thanks
    Ram

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Installed this plugin today. I wanted background music when MP starts so I only changed the AutoPlay section and used the Load Folder to load a sub folder from my music folder.

On startup of MP, a random file is played from within the subfolder, great. But then, all subsequent music files after the first one come from "anywhere". That is, not another music file from the sub folder but goes to the root and chooses a file from somethere else.

Option setup:
    AutoPlay Options:
    - AutoPlay on MediaPortal Startup CHECKED
    - Load Folder: F:\My Music\Chilled and Ambient
    - Shuffle CHECKED

That is it. So after the fist play, it selects something from [F:\My Music] instead of another file from [F:\My Music\Chilled and Ambient]

Any ideas? I've been through posts and help and cannot find anyone listing this as an issue.

EDIT: Further info - In the MP log, it shows the x files loaded from [F:\My Music\Chilled and Ambient]. After playing a song, the next player log shows it's playing from [F:\My Music\Paloma Faith]. It then plays all the songs from [F:\My Music\Paloma Faith] and stops.

Thanks
    Ram

For this to work, you need to untick the following option:

Configuration.exe -> Music -> Playlist Settings Tab -> Load Default Playlist on MediaPortal Startup

What was happening is the following:
    1. The "Save Current Playlist as default when leaving Mediaportal" saved your current playlist as default.m3u when exiting MP the last time
    2. During Startup OneButtonMusic was creating your playlist and starting playback
    3. But after that in the Startup sequence the default.m3u gets loaded and overwrites the just created playlist.

Unticking the oprion "Load default ..." doesn't do that anymore and your AutoStart playlist plays fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom